https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-neighbor.html

An Ohio high school football player saved his neighbor's life by lifting a 3,000 pound car off the man after the vehicle unexpectedly fell during repairs.

Zac Clark, 16, of Butler is being hailed a hero after saving his neighbor's life in an act of selflessness and superhuman strength.

On Saturday, Clark and his mother Lora were were outside their home working in some flower beds while their neighbor was repairing his Volkswagen Passat nearby.

According to Mansfield New Journal, a loud bang and his neighbor's screams suddenly erupted the peaceful neighborhood.

The car Clark's 39-year-old neighbor was working on had slipped off the jack and fallen directly onto his chest.

Clark told Mansfield New Journal: 'I turned around and saw him struggling. Instincts kicked in and I just ran over there, and I just thought I had to get the car off him.'

Using his bare hands and adrenaline, the sophomore lifted the hefty car all by himself.

'I did get it off him a little bit and his wife and my mom pulled him out from under it. Next thing you know he got rushed to the hospital. It was crazy,' Clark said.

His neighbor, who chose to remain anonymous, was taken to the hospital where he suffered cracked ribs and a injured face.

'He had a couple of cracked ribs and his face was messed up pretty bad, but the doctors told him if I wasn't there then he'd be dead,' Clark told Fox 8.

'I just thank God for putting me in the position and giving me the strength to do that.'

For most people the idea of lifting over a thousand pounds is unimaginable, but for Clark it was instinct.

'I have always wanted to be a firefighter and help people out. The first thing that came to my mind was to get over there, do what I can do and do anything I can to help.'