Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

20 Thoughts from Scott - NHL Predictions

So, here are my 20 thoughts for the upcoming season...

1) the NHL Rookie of the Year will NOT be Hughes or Kappo. In fact, 1 of the 2 will not be in the Top 3. Makar (COL), Oloffson(BUF) and one of Kappo/Hughes will be the Top 3.

2a) McDavid and Draistal will be 1-2 in NHL scoring.... and miss the playoffs

2b) Panarin will lead the Rangers in scoring... and help the Rangers finish 6th in the Metro.

2c) Carey Price will have the lowest GAA in the NHL... and finish just outside of the playoffs by a point.

2d) Dylan Larkin and Jack Eichel both finish with 90+ points on teams that are under .500.

3) The shift of the best D-man (Norris Trophy) will start to begin this season with either Dahlin, Heiskanen or Chabot winning.

4) Mike Babcock survives the season as the Leafs coach... but will be done after the playoffs.

5) Speaking of the Leafs... Willie Nylander will be dealt during the season. Watch Carolina for this.

6) Patrick Marleau will sign with a team in the West before the trade deadline. My guess, it will not be San Jose but it will be for the league minimum.

7) Its interesting that Washington is starting the season with top prospect Ilya Samsonov on the 23 man roster. With Holtby going to UFA after this season, could Holtby be dealt to a team in the West that needs a boost (Calgary?!?)??

8) This will be the final season for Zdeno Chara. His send off will be a Game 7 vs. Toronto.... IN TORONTO

9) First coach fired this season - Bruce Boudreau, MIN

10) Ok, most of you know that I am a Sabre fan. They have 8 UFA's at the end of the season. They will deal or jettison 5 of them during the season, none of them netting 1st or 2nd round pick.

11) Sleeper team - Arizona Coyotes. Phil Kessel is going to HELP them get over the hump (and maybe have a Hotdog along the way). Their reward will be to play Western Conference Regular Season Champion Colorado.

12) Columbus and Winnipeg are the only playoff teams from last season that will miss the playoffs. Florida and Arizona will make the playoffs

13) Speaking of Winnipeg... Patrik Laine will be traded during the season for brinks truck of players and picks.

14) Players that have been rumored to be traded that will NOT be traded this season. Risto (BUF), Doughty (LAK), Eriksson (VAN), Hall (NJD), Gost(PHI). In Hall's case, its because New Jersey will be in it until the end, lose out to the Islanders on the final day of the season after eliminating the Sabres 2 nights earlier.

15) Tampa will win the Presidents Trophy, again.

16) Coach Q will win the Jack Adams and will get by Washington in the first round.

17) Ottawa will NOT be the worst overall team in the NHL this season. In fact, they might overachieve.. and still finish no better than 7th in the Atlantic. Minnesota will finish with the most ping pong balls in the hopper - because they are the worst team in the best division in Hockey. Followed by Ottawa and Vancouver for the best odds to draft Alexis Lafreničre.

18) EC Playoff Teams - Atlantic - Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Florida (Crossover) / Metro - Washington, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Islanders (Crossover)

19) WC Playoff Teams - Central - Colorado, Dallas, St. Louis, Nashville (Crossover) / Pacific - Vegas, Calgary, San Jose, Arizona (Crossover)

20a) Tampa beats Florida in the EC Finals

20b) Calgary beats Dallas in the WC Finals

20c) Tampa Bay over Calgary for the Cup

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

My thoughts
    1. I think Hirose is a dark horse for ROY
    9. Winnipeg fires their coach first
    11. Arizona finishes in 6th in West

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

@Scott: Love the larkin prediction - it won't happen at all but I still hope it does!! I love the wings and love larkin and have been waiting for him to elevate his game to the point that fans already think it's at (it isn't)

@sparty: He's got potential but the wings will be so bad this year it'll be tough for him to look good even if his production is high

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

my only prediction is for you toronto fans

mayor whoever will rename gretzky way to auston avenue and start the parade route there.

in your dreams of course

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I don't know about the Jets. The offence is stacked. The defense, hope and pray. Ville Heinola looks like he is 12!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My thoughts
    1. I think Hirose is a dark horse for ROY
    9. Winnipeg fires their coach first
    11. Arizona finishes in 6th in West

@Scott: Love the larkin prediction - it won't happen at all but I still hope it does!! I love the wings and love larkin and have been waiting for him to elevate his game to the point that fans already think it's at (it isn't)

@sparty: He's got potential but the wings will be so bad this year it'll be tough for him to look good even if his production is high

this is the biggest reason why I did not include Hirose in my list is Detriot is going finish last in the Atlantic... however, if Larkin hits 90 points, Hirose might be at 50-60 points... which could get him into Top 3 for the Calder.

I don't know about the Jets. The offence is stacked. The defense, hope and pray. Ville Heinola looks like he is 12!

If their first 2 games are any indication, Winnipeg is going to need to score at least 5 a night to win. However, Chevy is going to either get Buff back OR will shore up with D-corp so that SHOULD help a bit. As a Sabre fan, this is laughable to type this... but getting Beaulieu back in a couple weeks should help also.... yikes, maybe Chicago does finish 5th....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lets see where my thoughts are at around the 1/2 way point.... this should be fun

So, here are my 20 thoughts for the upcoming season...

1) the NHL Rookie of the Year will NOT be Hughes or Kappo. In fact, 1 of the 2 will not be in the Top 3. Makar (COL), Olofsson(BUF) and one of Kappo/Hughes will be the Top 3.

well, I feel good about Makar and Olofsson being in Vegas for the Calder....

2a) McDavid and Draistal will be 1-2 in NHL scoring.... and miss the playoffs

2b) Panarin will lead the Rangers in scoring... and help the Rangers finish 6th in the Metro.

2c) Carey Price will have the lowest GAA in the NHL... and finish just outside of the playoffs by a point.

2d) Dylan Larkin and Jack Eichel both finish with 90+ points on teams that are under .500.

I feel confident in 2a and 2b and part of 2d

James Reimer and Linus Ullmark have a lower GAA than Price.....

3) The shift of the best D-man (Norris Trophy) will start to begin this season with either Dahlin, Heiskanen or Chabot winning.

I think 1 of the 3 has a shot

4) Mike Babcock survives the season as the Leafs coach... but will be done after the playoffs.

wrong.jpg

5) Speaking of the Leafs... Willie Nylander will be dealt during the season. Watch Carolina for this.

I'm not sure at this point. I think that they SHOULD, but does not mean the WILL

6) Patrick Marleau will sign with a team in the West before the trade deadline. My guess, it will not be San Jose but it will be for the league minimum.

I got the money right.... I'll take this as a point for me

7) Its interesting that Washington is starting the season with top prospect Ilya Samsonov on the 23 man roster. With Holtby going to UFA after this season, could Holtby be dealt to a team in the West that needs a boost (Calgary?!?)??

still time for this, but I think they will stay with Holtby/Samsonov for the season and then go Samsonov/Copley next season

8) This will be the final season for Zdeno Chara. His send off will be a Game 7 vs. Toronto.... IN TORONTO

yeah, this is not happening the way I posted it.

9) First coach fired this season - Bruce Boudreau, MIN

10) Ok, most of you know that I am a Sabre fan. They have 8 UFA's at the end of the season. They will deal or jettison 5 of them during the season, none of them netting 1st or 2nd round pick.

Still time for this

11) Sleeper team - Arizona Coyotes. Phil Kessel is going to HELP them get over the hump (and maybe have a Hotdog along the way). Their reward will be to play Western Conference Regular Season Champion Colorado.

Ok - I did expect a playoff spot, but to be leading the Pacific? I should have put a Coin on them....

12) Columbus and Winnipeg are the only playoff teams from last season that will miss the playoffs. Florida and Arizona will make the playoffs

I don't see Winnipeg having the defense to survive to stay in the race... but that could change if......

13) Speaking of Winnipeg... Patrik Laine will be traded during the season for brinks truck of players and picks.

still time of this

14) Players that have been rumored to be traded that will NOT be traded this season. Risto (BUF), Doughty (LAK), Eriksson (VAN), Hall (NJD), Gost(PHI). In Hall's case, its because New Jersey will be in it until the end, lose out to the Islanders on the final day of the season after eliminating the Sabres 2 nights earlier.

where is that wrong button again.....

The Devils are a trainwreck...

15) Tampa will win the Presidents Trophy, again.

nope

16) Coach Q will win the Jack Adams and will get by Washington in the first round.

I think this is Rick Tocchet and the field at this point.

17) Ottawa will NOT be the worst overall team in the NHL this season. In fact, they might overachieve.. and still finish no better than 7th in the Atlantic. Minnesota will finish with the most ping pong balls in the hopper - because they are the worst team in the best division in Hockey. Followed by Ottawa and Vancouver for the best odds to draft Alexis Lafreničre.

partly right... They might have something in Ottawa building.

i'll leave the Playoff picks for season review in June

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

not too bad.