Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Leading up to the 1993 Entry draft, Daigle was considered a "can't miss" prospect andNHL superstar-in-waiting.The Senators were even accused of deliberately losing games late in the 92-93 season,their first in the NHL, in order to guarantee the first overall selection andthe right to draft him. This prompted an investigation by the NHL, who soonimplemented a draft lottery to prevent such things from happening again. The Senators subsequently finishedlast place overall in the 1992–93 league standings, thus securing the rights tothe first overall pick.
    Daigle is widelyregarded today as the all-time greatest draft bust in NHL history, and one of the greatest draftbusts in sports history

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

This card would have been worth a pretty penny a few years ago! I think i paid 10 bux for it recently lol! He was a number 1 overall and played in 350 games and now circles the wagon in the KHL.

Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alas, another Habs heir apparent that never was.

SCF1-Fuc.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll follow that with another Yakupov. I pulled this card, thought man this is a keeper, this guy is a stud! No way I can sell this card. Fast forward and now not much value. In fact I swapped it out from the mag holder it was in, I think the holder may be worth more than the card! Additional irony - this is card # 01/35 - card # 1, pick # 1, now a bust.

13 14 SPGU Yakupov Draft Day Marks.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bimola's Items on eBay

Another ‘can’t miss’ 1st rounder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers
    Instagram:

The player i chose was Curtis Lazar Trilogy rookie premiers /399. The reason why i chose this is because he was the 17th overall pick back in the 2013 nhl enrty draft and was looking like an amazing prospect. He than went on to play with McDavid at the world junior which they dominated. It started to go down hill for him. Now Curtis Lazar is playing fulltime as an AHLer with the rochester Americans (Buffalo Sabres affiliate) For someone who looked like had lots of potential and now in the AHL it was a bust of a pick. Also to make this look worse on ottawa Anthony Mantha was still on the board at the time and was then taken 20th by Detroit.
    IMG_20191012_101041.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Last night for entries!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Some interesting selections in the opening week! Love the overhaul to the plan this year @aweeks!

Painful to see some of these guys and think about how much hobby $$$ was spent on them, only to have things go into the tank for the player.

The Fucale card is a real beauty, such a shame that he plateau'd so early as if things had gone properly he'd likely be Carey's backup by now.

I know this is past the deadline so is just for kicks...

Here's another Habs first round pick that was an utter failure. Good potential when he was drafted in the first round in 2009, but an injury during his development took any semblance of speed out of his game, and he never could find a permanent spot on the roster. Got traded to Anaheim for a bag of pucks and never stuck there. He went to Europe for a couple seasons but is now officially retired from pro hockey. Also, this card was released with the logo upside down initially, so I sent it in to UD for correction. For all I know this may be the only corrected version in existence.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Alas, another Habs heir apparent that never was.

SCF1-Fuc.jpg

I love this card. Saddened that Fucale could never become anything with the Habs. Granted, Carey Price is their guy, but still. He was such a high prospect. I hope he can still make it.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12