Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Show & Tell Contest 12.0 - Week 1!

For more information and rules about this contest, please see this thread.

The theme for this week is: Best card of a total bust

The theme will run from today until 11:59pm EST on Saturday, Oct. 12th, 2019

General Rules

1. You MUST post a new scan/picture of your card with your handwritten ID next to it in this thread.
    2. Only one submission per member per week.
    3. A card can only be submitted ONCE throughout the whole contest, so choose wisely.
    4. If you make a mistake, do NOT edit your post! Instead, create a new one, or your entry for the week will be disqualified. No exceptions.

* Any card that won in last years Show & Tell contest cannot be used again this year!

REMEMBER!
    EVERY entry will earn you 25RP!
    AND the more entries we get, the more bonus points you can earn!
    50+ entries in a week: 3 points to the winner, 2 to 2nd place, 1 for 3rd

20-49 entries: 2 points to the winner, 1 for 2nd place
    Under 20 entries: 1 point to the winner

Good luck!

*** Please insert the image directly in your post rather than adding it as an attachment..
    When viewing the card in your photobucket.. Look to the right. Under "Share this photo", copy the direct link and simply paste it here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

This says it all. 2nd player signed by Vegas20191001_224115.jpegScreenshot_20191006-142602_Chrome.jpeg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stuntman8926's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I couldn't find my 2003-04 Private Stock Reserve Red Tuomo Ruutu RC #111 /99 that had its BV drop drastically so this is my entery

https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/...psqpk57bkm.jpg
    Patrick
    Looking for Gary Roberts

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalie4501's Items on eBay

Messed up my post. Posted wrong card.
    Last edited by Irbe3201; 10-07-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Irbe3201’s PC:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Marek Schwarz
    St Louis Blues 2004 1st Round 17th overall Pick
    NHL Stats GP 4 GAA 4.91 SV% 0.786 0-2-0

Granted the Blues are historically horrible with goalie development and/or providing opportunity for young goaltenders.

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

IMG_1810

Brent Krahn was drafted 9th overall by the Calgary Flames in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft, and spent his time in the AHL. Following the 2007-2008 NHL season, and after 8 years of development in the Flames organization, he was not re-signed and became an unrestricted free agent. He was signed by the Dallas Stars and played for 20 minutes in one game on February 14, 2009. He was then assigned to the Texas Stars of the the AHL. After the 2010-2011 regular season he was left off the Stars roster.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Seems like a trend is happening...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Generally speaking, I like to think positively. So let me start by saying that if anyone can even play one game in the NHL (or any professional league for that matter), it is a success!

Even players who mostly play in the minors are still most likely great athletes and better at their sport than 99% or more of the people in the country. But, here, I will refer to 2018-19 Upper Deck Young Guns card #204 (picture included).

Being drafted late in the first round in 2013, we are now past six years and moving closer to seven years beyond what was a pretty big whiff by the Calgary Flames. The unfortunate NHL game log for this gentleman includes only one game of 13 shifts for only 7:25 minutes of ice time. Let’s pause on that number for a second - someone has likely dedicated the majority of their life to the game and they were only needed in their ultimate target objective for, well, around eight minutes.

I guess that is why anyone who plays needs to always continually play for the love of the game. And needs to have a lot of perseverance, acceptance and peace of mind. After being traded from Calgary to Toronto and ultimately at the beginning of this year to Ottawa, I can only hope that Morgan Klimchuk starts to catch fire in the minors. Then hoping further still that he gets the call up to the Senators this season to play in the NHL. Go Morgan!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Great stuff so far everyone! Keep them coming :)

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is probably not my biggest bust but it was one I could find. A 1st round draft pick with the 8th overall pick by Columbus I believe along with many others we had a great players to add to the Bluejacket roster. Little did we know we had one of the biggest busts of all time as he suited up for 67 games and never scored a goal. OUCH!

probably be lucky to get $5 for this high priced card back in the day lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast