Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Final online wholesale boxes -- 06-07 Ultra and 16-17 Threads; my collection "retirement"?

Hey all --

After much deliberation, I decided to make my final two online wholesale box purchases -- 06-07 Ultra and 16-17 Threads hobby. These both look like good buys for the buck.

I know I've been here on SCF for almost 15 years, and I've seen a lot of changes in the hobby since I started collecting as a young girl in the early nineties, but my time collecting may be finally coming to a slow and inevitable close. Let me explain.

I've been streamlining my collection a lot at the end of this year because the hobby and personal priorities have changed a lot. I'm almost 35, the hobby has definitely changed from a middle class phenomenon to something older rich guys like to gamble on, and I plan on having a child next year, so this is my last NBA season where I think I can really legitimately still collect. I do plan on getting some 2019-20 Hoops and/or Donruss from either of my two local LCS places (of course partly in hopes of a Zion RC, but also in hopes of standard PC items, and for old times' sake -- as you know, I've always been a low to mid end collector), but I expect I won't be doing much further product because of all the aforementioned reasons. I've seen a lot of trends in this hobby come and go, but there was always a place for the lower end collector. That just doesn't look true anymore, and it won't surprise me if soon even the blasters at retail become a thing of the past. Even if a low end remnant remains, I still have child planning to look forward to, so I really don't see myself collecting like I did for almost 30 years. If it doesn't stop completely, it's definitely coming to a slowdown, all factors considered carefully.

Anyway, thanks for reading this. I plan on letting you know what I pull when these boxes are scheduled to arrive sometime later next week.

Thanks for helping me be one of the most prolific traders on this site, and possibly the most well-known and established of NBA female fans and collectors here for SCF's history.
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; 10-06-2019 at 05:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yikes..both of these were quite underwhelming.

06-07 Ultra -- auto was Bruce Bowen (I pulled a TON of Spurs cards/inserts etc. in both boxes, incidentally); jersey cards were simple swatches of Jeff McInnis (PC; actually was a bit of a fan of this guy back in the day) and dual Gold /100 swatches of Richard Hamilton and Ricky Davis; Platinum Medallions /100 were Trenton Hassell and Jose Calderon; only noteworthy RC was Rajon Rondo; noteworthy Gold Medallion was Allen Iverson (PC); and I got a LeBron base. Base cards often stick together; collation was at least decent -- I'll have to double-check to see if it's enough/worth it to put together the 200 (?) card set.

16-17 Threads -- beat the odds and got two autos and a jersey instead of just one each, but again, nothing too amazing: rookie thread auto of Skal Labissiere /199, Signage auto of Rondae Hollis-Jefferson /99, and plain white swatch /99 of Patrick Ewing. /199 red parallel of Trevor Booker. Two of the same threads insert of Kevin Durant. Only notable rookie was Jaylen Brown. LeBron base here, too, and a few small Thunder and Cavs cards I might be able to PC.

If you're curious about anything else, let me know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

still have the Skal?

17-18 Optic Westbrook All-Stars blue /49
    15-16 Black Gold Kevin Love
    18-19 Absolute Kevin Love Established threads /199

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@70sbestcardboard I do still have the Skal. Pretty sure I can use all three of those cards as well. Let me know what you want to do; thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

@WilyWestbrook0 cool--if you need/want all 3 post it up. thanks

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@70sbestcardboard deal posted. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@tnelson199310

I would be extremely sad to see you go Kendra! You've been an asset to the board for a long time. I cam to SCF in 2012ish and I don't think you were around as much, but then I started seeing the dunkingdurant posts pop up and you've come across my path several times when I log into the site. I hope you stay on and I wish the best to you and what's coming up in life for you and your child! Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@Tennelson55 Thanks! Always liked your friendly enthusiasm around here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

Hope you stick around and keep trading!

I'm doing the 16-17 Threads insert sets if you happened to get any of these and want to trade for OKC Thunder cards:

Board Directors 1,3,9,13

Floor Generals 7,11,13,15

Front-Row Seat 4,5,9,16,19,25,26,29,30

Hardwood Pioneers 5,11,13,14

High Octane 1,2,3,10,12,13,15,16,18,22,24,25
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@Boinks great! I actually have Board 3, Front Row 4, Hardwood 5, and High Octane 22 and 24

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast