Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

This is what is it all about. My Son and I at the Panther's Game vs Jags

@bakemeister52, @Chuck-Love10, @rolly89

The story starts on Saturday, when I bought a box of cards at a flea market......LOL You know me, Basically sight unseen, saw a box, and a 1970's looking binder; looked at a few cards (found a Topps Gold Aikman), so rest of box sight unseen, bought it... My son and I have always gone through boxes together, which is why I like to do the trades for high dollar rookies for boxes of refractors or just cards in general. Yup, not crazy, like to do stuff with my son when I can. So although I bought the box on Saturday, I didn't go through it because I was heading to Charlotte later in the day to spend the weekend with my son.

So, as some of you know, I am a season ticket holder for the Panthers. I don't go to every game, because I live 4 hours away from the stadium, but I go when I can. So this week, my 21 year old son is on college fall break and we decided to go to the Panther's game!. On Saturday morning, after my 8 year old's soccer game and quick stop at a local flea market, I drove the 4 hours to UNC Charlotte. My son and I went out to dinner. What did we eat is what you ask? WINGS OF COURSE, but enough of that. You want to know about the box right?

The box had over 2000 cards, mainly basketball... I don't collect basketball. Some Iverson rookies, Dirk Nowitski rookies (2 Topps Chrome, 5 or 6 overall), some Jordan cards, some Kobe cards, it was mainly a rookie collection, except for the Topps Gold Label and some other stuff. I'm sure I'll be trading a bunch of it later. It also had football, but not a lot of Cowboys, so again it will be up here or on ebay. It also had racing cards from McDonald's. Little sealed packets from 1991, 992, 1993. They were pretty cool. One of them had Earnhardt on the back showing, others had Petty, Mark Martin, and other guys I had at least heard of. LOL Some up opened packs. McDonald's unopened Fantasy Packs? I'm guessing 1992-1993 season? If it's the one's I'm thinking of, I collected these in college and I believe Shaq has a rookie card in there! LOL (You can get it for about .25 on COMC!) There was also some baseball. There are a few Jeter cards, Ripken cards and some other stuff.

The 1970's binder you ask? It was the "Detroit Pro Star Portraits Football Album", not a card album. Inside were Portraits of 1970 Detroit Lions players. Lem Barney, Alex Karras, Mel Farr and others. One of the coolest vintage things, I've seen. I will post pictures of the binder on my website https://www.rookiesandmore.com/produ...ys-cool-stuff/

I slept in my son's dorm and on Sunday morning, we hopped on the light rail and took the train into Charlotte.

The Panthers game was awesome, as the Panther's tried to continuously give the game back to the Jags, but the Jags refused to take it. The game was great, the fans were great, only a few were thrown out and they were thrown out early, which was even better. The fan experience...

It was the Panther's Hall of Honor game, so they were recognizing Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Jake Delhomme and Wesley Walls. I had gotten Walls autograph in 1997 or 1998 on Hawaii at the Pro Bowl, but it was cool to see these guys. The giveaway at the stadium was a Hall of Honor Pin (pic below). Na'il Diggs, a former Panther was signing autographs (free) at halftime!. (Pic below). Then the Panthers started something new where you can go to the club level lunges and watch the 4 o'clock game. I'm not rich and my seats in Bank of America Stadium are pretty high up (pics below), but the club level....That is super nice!

So in short, sports and cards and time with my son....This is why I do the hobby

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

Great stuff friend! Thankful for you and your son that you get to spend quality time, that is awesome!!

Blessings,

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Super amazing Rich! Love times when we can get away with kids or grandkids for a ballgame!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Carolina Panthers Carolina Hurricanes Charlotte Bobcats
    Send PayPal to ChuckLove10 Member is PayPal Verified

Super Cool! That's like my perfect weekend right there! Cards and enjoying the Panthers game with a loved one! Man I wish I could have been home in Carolina to see the induction live and watch CMC set the franchise record for the longest rushing TD! thanks for sharing the experience!

Chuck

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Awesome thread, awesomer story! Well done :). I got excited for a second seeing those Absolute hinged boxes, those were some nifty cards back in the day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Here is the Link to the Pictures in the Binder:

https://www.rookiesandmore.com/produ...rtrait-binder/

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Amazing story Rich, glad to see you had a great time with your son!