Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: quick question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Stars Texas Rangers San Antonio Spurs

quick question

I received this pm. which i have questions.

So the first step is to scan your cards into your inventory (if you can). If not, you can just add them to your inventory. There are tutorials for adding cards on the site, but it is super easy.

1. Scan the card
    2. Go to inventory manager and find the card by year, team, player, manufacturer.

Once you have the card identified, move the cursor over the icons, one will say add card. and Boom! Done. When you do it, it will highlight in blue.

That allows for other traders if they are looking for cards to search and find who owns it.

Second
    1. Go to the Baseball Trading thread
    2. Start a New thread - List the player and year or something identifiable in the title
    3. List the cards, just like you did in the welcome thread. You can add the scans if you like.
    4. ALWAYS list or have a link to what you are looking for in trade

Quick Question,
    The tutorial for scanning cards will be found where? and where does one go to view scanned cards up for trade?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    "
    That allows for other traders if they are looking for cards to search and find who owns it"
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***
    i love this idea of looking at cards up for trade.
    lmk,Hector
    thanks in advance for any help.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Once you get your cards in, which you can get reward points for, you can do the following:

1. Go to Inventory Manager (Tab across the top of the screen)
    2. Look on the left side of the screen, about 1/2 way down. You'll see Member's Inventories. Click on that.
    3. It takes you to a search page, put in a player's name and BAM.... You will see cards of your player and who has them. You can specify the search even further if you want to to specific cards by year, manufacturer, card #, etc...
    Last edited by krunchtyme; 10-09-2019 at 01:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@ZAMO55555

You can also use this link and a search feature. https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...Site-Tutorials

Alot of people use different methods. Personally, I love the inventory feature. It lets me know what I have, as well as letting others know what I have. It isn't perfect (You can't have a PC and a trade inventory) but it is still really helpful. Photobucket and other sites are good ways too. it's all about personal preference. I have my own site and I still use the Inventory manager for a lot of the stuff that I am willing to trade.

So here are some specific answers to your questions:

The tutorial for scanning cards will be found where? and where does one go to view scanned cards up for trade?

See this specific thread: https://www.sportscardforum.com/threads/1499608-Building-Your-Inventory-on-SCF

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    "
    That allows for other traders if they are looking for cards to search and find who owns it"

Read my answer above. Also. If you are looking in the forums, see who started it and look in the bottom (the signature area) of a person's post. Alot of people here have a "Want List" or "Trade List", links to Photobucket or other photo image tool to show cards for trade.

Here is an example from a long time member @Scobes

If you look at this picture, at the bottom of the post, you can see a 4sporttrade link and a wantlist link. This allows others to look at what he has and what he is looking for in trade. These things are not necessarily absolutes, but if you happen to have something someone else needs/wants, it makes it easier to trade with that person.

A lot of people use book value (BV) to trade by. It's for ease of the trade to be fair to both parties, but not everyone does that. Some people just like stuff and don't think it is necessarily worth BV. Again, it's your personal preference.

Keep asking questions, it will only help you learn what some people do and then you can tweek it to work specifically for you! And try a few ways too! It's another cool part of the hobby to see you are first on the player rolodex list!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you don't want to scan cards you could always take a picture of them with a cell phone or digital camera. They are usually good enough quality now that any newer one is fine for taking pictures of cards or anything you have for sale.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks, any help is appreciated. sweet jeters btw.
    Hector

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Hector, glad to see you are enjoying yourself here!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks