Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

Has anyone suspected their mail carrier of theft????

I feel perhaps like I might have enjoyed Joker too much....

But, here's the thing... I don't think I'm crazy...

I have one mail carrier who delivers like 4 or 5 days a week. I had been getting A LOT of TTMs back with her and then suddenly nothing. Now, the only the TTMs I get back are when her substitute delivers. Not kidding. I see a different mail carrier and I almost always have a TTM in the box.

And now I'm paranoid because a lot of players are coming back for other collectors, but mine aren't.

Has anyone experienced this before? Could be a coincidence I guess hahaha

I actually sent a test self-addressed, stamped envelope to myself a few days ago to test if it comes back. Inside is a random card with a note saying "if you're taking my cards, please return them" lol

What do you think?
    Yankees + Todd Greene collector. There are tens of thousands of Yankees I need. My grail card is a 2005 Topps Pristine Fielder's Choice Glove Relics #TG Todd Greene.

SCF Rewards
    Country

While I don't think my carrier is stealing my mail, I do think there are days that my mail is not delivered. To get some potential ammunition for this accusation, I just signed up for informed delivery. It's a service that the Postal Service offers for free. If you sign up, you'll get daily e-mails that show an image of the mail you will soon be receiving. The image is taken by the tracking equipment that is used for most letters sent through the Postal Service. This should help confirm your theory that your local carrier is stealing your mail.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

i use a po box. no mail carriers.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

@toddgreen I can help you out. Ill mail you something from my zip code and see if you get it. Your mail guy will see your zip code on the envelope.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@Calleyoop that is brilliant!!! Thank you, I will try informed delivery

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@mrrosado also brilliant for using the PO box. I am going to try the above informed delivery idea, I really appreciate you trying to send me something. I'll let you know if it becomes necessary again.

This community is so great!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

I love informed delivery, it's a lot of fun to see the envelope and try to guess whose signature is in the mailbox when I get home!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@Calleyoop and @kclj520 -- an interesting turn of events.

That dummy letter/fake TTM envelope I mailed to myself NEVER came back. Somehow it got lost between the post office two miles away and my house. I wonder if it did get opened because, within five days of sending that dummy letter, TTMs started rolling in again. I've gotten five so far!

Informed Delivery has been awesome. I was so excited to see two scans of TTM envelopes the other day and couldn't wait to see what I was getting!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

@Calleyoop and @kclj520 -- an interesting turn of events.

That dummy letter/fake TTM envelope I mailed to myself NEVER came back. Somehow it got lost between the post office two miles away and my house. I wonder if it did get opened because, within five days of sending that dummy letter, TTMs started rolling in again. I've gotten five so far!

Informed Delivery has been awesome. I was so excited to see two scans of TTM envelopes the other day and couldn't wait to see what I was getting!

Awesome, so glad you are back in business! I have a trade on the way that showed up in my informed delivery, but has not been in my mailbox yet. I'm not worried about it, oftentimes a letter can take a few days to get there after being scanned in. Glad things are better!

Blessings,

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never thought my own mail carrier has stolen my stuff but, I often question what happens to it before it gets to my post office. I live in a town of about 900 people and I have known our mail carrier for many many years so I can't see him taking anything. I still get a good chunk of my TTMs but, there are times that I see people getting stuff back from a player and I know I sent mine around the same time they did and I still never get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast