Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nfl trade deadline movers ...

Hopefully we will see some more blockbuster trades before the deadline passes ... below are some possible big names that could be traded:

Patrick Peterson: I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get traded as it makes very little sense for the Cardinals to hold onto him. The Chiefs, 49'ers, Buccaneers and Eagles all make a ton of sense.

Trent Williams: It makes NO SENSE to me that the Redskins haven't traded Trent already and I hope they will do so before the trade deadline passes. Plenty of teams could use him, including the Bucs, as Jameis Winston has taken more QB hits than any other QB in the league and his starting RT is injured, aging and likely won't return in 2020.

Cam Newton: Cam is 0-8 in his last 8 games while Kyle Allen is 4-0 this season, and Cam can be released at the end of this season with only $2mil in "dead cap" for the 2020 season. If the Panthers don't plan to move forward with him in 2020, they would be wise to trade him now, especially as a team like the Chargers (if they move Rivers), Bears, and perhaps especially the Broncos could give the Panthers a sizeable trade package for him (think a 2nd, 4th and 6th).

Marcus Mariota: It looks like his time in Tennessee is over and it wouldn't shock me to see the Dolphins give up a late round pick and then give him a brief audition to see if he is worth signing, even as a mere stop-gap to teach another Hawaiian QB in Alabama's Tua. I could also see the Broncos thinking along the same lines, or perhaps a team that could use an upgrade at the QB2 position and has the cap space to fit Mariota under the cap trading a low round pick for him. Tennessee might as well get something for him, even if it is only a 5th round pick, etc.

Philip Rivers: I doubt he gets traded but if the Chargers lose to the Titans this week, they will be 2-5 and some do believe the Chargers may not wish to extend Rivers anyways after his contract is up at the end of the season. If they are willing to move him, the one team that I think would be interested in him more than any other team is the Chicago Bears, though they would have to do some cap massaging to make a deal work I believe.

Cameron Brate: Jameis loves Brate and turned the undrafted tight end from Harvard into a very solid player who got PAID ... however it's because he got PAID coupled with the fact the Bucs also have O.J. Howard, an even better tight end with a great deal more talent, that Brate could be moved, possibly in a trade with the Cardinals for Patrick Peterson or the Redskins for Trent Williams.

A.J. Green: I doubt he gets traded but it would be nice to see him play for a real franchise ...

Matt Ryan: I think there is a .000000000001% chance Ryan gets traded, but it sure would be fun to see a QB in his prime, playing at a very high level, but on a terrible 1-5 team that could really use an influx of draft picks, get moved. Would the Titans offer Mariota, a 2020 #1 and #2 along with a 2021 #1 for Ryan, thinking that a team with a great defense and run game is simply a good QB away from dominance? If the Titans did make that offer, could the Falcons really say no, seeing as they could just tank the rest of the year and draft a guy like Justin Herbert with their own pick and end up replacing Ryan with a new face of the franchise QB and still have all three of the Titans high picks to build up their porous defense?

Who would YOU want to see traded and to where?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If I got my pick of where each of the above players was traded to, and where I think they'll actually end (a complete crap shoot of course), I'd say

Patrick Peterson: Want: Tampa Bay / Will End Up with: Kansas City

Trent Williams: Tampa Bay / Washington ... the Redskins seem crazy enough to refuse to trade him ...

Cam Newton: Denver / Carolina ... for now. I don't think he gets traded before the deadline, though he might in the off-season.

Marcus Mariota: Miami / Miami ... why not?

Philip Rivers: Chicago / Chargers ... I doubt he gets traded.

Cameron Brate: Arizona for Patrick Peterson / Tampa ... it was reported GM Jason Licht doesn't want to trade one of Jameis' favorite targets as Tampa is still all-in on Jameis.

A.J. Green: Seattle ... he could be unstoppable with Russell Wilson / Bengals ... they seem to like to watch their players' careers die ...

Matt Ryan: Tennessee / Atlanta ... I'd be shocked if he was traded as he's the best QB the Falcons have ever had and is playing great football.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Cam Newton: Cam is 0-8 in his last 8 games while Kyle Allen is 4-0 this season, and Cam can be released at the end of this season with only $2mil in "dead cap" for the 2020 season. If the Panthers don't plan to move forward with him in 2020, they would be wise to trade him now, especially as a team like the Chargers (if they move Rivers), Bears, and perhaps especially the Broncos could give the Panthers a sizeable trade package for him (think a 2nd, 4th and 6th).

Philip Rivers: I doubt he gets traded but if the Chargers lose to the Titans this week, they will be 2-5 and some do believe the Chargers may not wish to extend Rivers anyways after his contract is up at the end of the season. If they are willing to move him, the one team that I think would be interested in him more than any other team is the Chicago Bears, though they would have to do some cap massaging to make a deal work I believe.

Hard pass seeing either of them on the Bears. The book isn't written on Trubisky quite yet. I read once that you don't know how a quarterback is going to be until after 50 starts. Another well thought out analysis leans on Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt which posits 32 starts. Trubisky is at 30 starts though his first year in the league was in a massively regressive offense.

Also he's on his rookie deal, no way Chicago moves on from him barring injury until he's played out his 4th year. Teams don't give up on their 2nd overall pick who was a QB still on his rookie deal. You'd have to go back to JaMarcus Russell 1st overall in 2007 or Ryan Leaf 2nd overall in 1998 who didn't play out their rookie deals. Even guys like Akili Smith, Vince Young, and Blake Bortles got through 4+ years.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hard pass seeing either of them on the Bears. The book isn't written on Trubisky quite yet. I read once that you don't know how a quarterback is going to be until after 50 starts. Another well thought out analysis leans on Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt which posits 32 starts. Trubisky is at 30 starts though his first year in the league was in a massively regressive offense.

Also he's on his rookie deal, no way Chicago moves on from him barring injury until he's played out his 4th year. Teams don't give up on their 2nd overall pick who was a QB still on his rookie deal. You'd have to go back to JaMarcus Russell 1st overall in 2007 or Ryan Leaf 2nd overall in 1998 who didn't play out their rookie deals. Even guys like Akili Smith, Vince Young, and Blake Bortles got through 4+ years.

I apologize for not explaining further, as you completely misunderstood what I was saying about the Bears and Cam Newton / Philip Rivers. I do NOT think the Bears are ready to "move on" from Trubisky, nor would I advocate them doing so. Trubisky is hurt at present and still very "raw" as a QB even when healthy, yet the Bears "team" is built to push for a Super Bowl ring NOW. I simply think if the Bears could create the cap space necessary to land a Rivers or Newton (both basically on expiring deals) and if they could do so without giving up a 1st round pick (perhaps a 2nd, 4th and 6th), they would give themselves a great shot at winning a ring this season, could bring both guys back in 2020 to compete with Trubisky and to "teach and mentor" Mitch if they win the job, and then hand the reins over to a more seasoned Trubisky in the 2021 season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cam Newton is an interesting one. He was an MVP and took his team to the Super Bowl....but the Panthers were ready to tank this season after the horrible start they got off to and Run CMC is having an MVP like season without Cam. I don't know if he has anything left in the tank but man oh man will the head coach be fired this year if he screws this situation up. Do you go with the hot hand or go back to the known and possibly still injured Newton? Personally I'd move on from Cam if the Panthers can get a big draft pick haul for him. There are a bunch of teams out there that are desperate for QBs and honestly I'd take a flyer on Newton over a bunch of the "starters" in the league right now. We might be a low point in quality of starting QBs right now and it doesn't look like it is going to get any better anytime soon.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Falcons Miami Dolphins New York Mets
    COMC Cards For Sale

I would do the Tennessee Ryan trade as soon as possible. Free cap space and get draft picks for defense.

AJ Green to the Patriots.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders NULL NULL
    See clk823's Items on eBay

Rivers to the Broncos

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Emmanuel Sanders will be traded

Unless someone makes a crazy offer I look for him to be traded to the Patriots. He is a perfect addition to that system, free agent after the year, and great depth for a position they have had injuries on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wide Receivers on the move today

Sanu to Patriots

Sanders to 49ers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

As a Panther's Season Ticket Holder...PLEASE trade Cam...PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE.... Denver, Miami would be good landing spots. Better than anything they have and could bridge for a while until you find your next QB1. Not that I think Kyle Allen is the true answer (although 4-0 this year and 2-0 last year is hard to deny), BUT...If CMC can play like that and the defense does it's thing. Think Trent Dilfer for the Ravens. Serviceable and place picks in the spots to help you win now at a low budget QB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast