Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Former NHL enforcer Donald Brashear now works at a Tim Hortons

Donald Brashear, a former millionaire player in the National Hockey League, is now working in a Tim Hortons outlet in Quebec City and serving coffee to customers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/montrea...-in-quebec/amp

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

At least he's getting up and working!

Timing would be good for UD or Leaf to offer him a few bucks to sign cards!
    Last edited by odjickfan; 10-19-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

.... or he could be a special insert in a future Tim Horton's release!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

He made 15 million in his career...did he blow it all or is he an owner of a Tim Horton's?
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

He made 15 million in his career...did he blow it all or is he an owner of a Tim Horton's?

Not sure. He could have franchised that location and now he works there to give himself something to do?
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Read about it a little more. Said he ran into legal trouble and doesn't have any money left. The owner of the store refused to comment.

Good for him to have the cahones to keep moving forward. Got to be humbling and a little embarrassing for him doing this job.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Dang, that's sad to hear about his troubles. I hope the very best for him moving forward!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I thought I saw on facebook that someone said the Tim Horton's owner was struggling and asked him (a friend) to come in to try to drum up business.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Why is this news, and @creasecollector why is it sad? The article states he has drug possession and mischief charges against him. That's completely on him. You can call me heartless if you like, but I don't feel sorry for anyone involved with drugs in any way.

Contrary to popular belief, addiction is not a "disease". I know a couple of addicts who don't like it one bit when you say they have a disease and I agree. It starts as a choice to take that drink or take that drug. Then your brain gets altered after continued use and it grows to a dependency. Therefore, it is brain damage willfully brought on by the person who is drinking/using.

I wish Donald the best and hope things turn around for him.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Why is this news, and @creasecollector why is it sad? The article states he has drug possession and mischief charges against him. That's completely on him. You can call me heartless if you like, but I don't feel sorry for anyone involved with drugs in any way.

Contrary to popular belief, addiction is not a "disease". I know a couple of addicts who don't like it one bit when you say they have a disease and I agree. It starts as a choice to take that drink or take that drug. Then your brain gets altered after continued use and it grows to a dependency. Therefore, it is brain damage willfully brought on by the person who is drinking/using.

I wish Donald the best and hope things turn around for him.

I think it's sad when people fall on hard times, whether it's brought on by their own choices or not. I hope he can get back on his feet once these charges are past him and he can move on from them. Everyone deserves a second chance.

As for addictions, they are diseases. It is a disease that can take on many forms and tear peoples lives apart, sadly. Saying that addicitons are not diseases, in my personal opinion, is very wrong.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 10-23-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast