Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Shaquille O'Neal donates a year's rent for paralyzed 12 year old Atlanta shooting victim

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shooting.html

Shaquille O'Neal told WXIA-TV that Isaiah Payton's family was living in a one-bedroom apartment that wasn't accessible for people with disabilities, but they now have a home in a good neighborhood. He agreed to furnish the home and pay its rent for the next year.

'I was watching the story and it's just sad,' O'Neal said. 'It could have been any one of us. It could have been my son. It could've been your cousin and she was living in a one-bedroom house with her two boys so we found her a one-bedroom house in College Park. Nice area.'

The media home value in Atlanta's College Park neighborhood is around $154,000, according to Niche.com.

'I'm going to get her some ring cameras on me,' he continued, ostensibly referring to doorbells with pre-installed security cameras. 'We're going to give her some furniture, TVs and pay her rent off for a year and help her get on her feet.'

Isaiah was shot through the spine in August after a football scrimmage between two local schools.

Sixteen-year-old Damean Spear also was wounded and treated for minor injuries.

Cops in Atlanta arrested a 15-year-old boy on Wednesday, saying the child is connected to the shooting.

Isaiah's mother, Allison Woods, has said relearning how to care for Isaiah meant she had to leave her job, adding financial stress to her emotional turmoil.

Woods has started a GoFundMe page to help pay for her son's medical expenses.

'My son, Isaiah Payton, is an active 12-year-old kid who loves sports such as football and basketball,' she wrote. 'He dreamed of being a football player when he grew up.

'Unfortunately, while attending a high school football game, he was shot twice; in the chest and near his liver. He has been in the hospital for 2 weeks, is currently unable to breath on his own, paralyzed from the chest down, undergoing many tests, and is on a feeding tube.

'Any donation you make will help make a difference towards his treatments and medical bills.'

O'Neal frequently works in Atlanta as an in-studio analyst for TNT's NBA coverage.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Very generous of him to do. Sometimes the "Big Aristotle" can be arrogant and egotistical. That said, I don't think anyone can question his countless generous acts towards others in need. Well done big fella.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Very generous of him to do. Sometimes the "Big Aristotle" can be arrogant and egotistical. That said, I don't think anyone can question his countless generous acts towards others in need. Well done big fella.

Yes, I remember when he paid for George Mikan's funeral.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shaq has probably helped more people off of the court/field than any other athlete I can think of and that's just the stories that I hear. Probably many more never get reported.