Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Wild Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    See ceej830's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Here is a photo taken on February 19, 2016, the Friday before the Sunday Outdoor Stadium Series game between the Wild and the Blackhawks. That Friday, the Wild team had a family skate with all the players and coaches and their families. Because Wild defenseman Marco Scandella's mom wasn't coming in until Saturday, he wanted to invite a kid battling cancer to skate with him. My son Connor, who was 13 at the time and going through chemo for brain cancer, got the call. Marco was amazingly great with Connor and it was a fun experience. The good thing about this, Marco has kept in touch with Connor ever since and has invited him to do some activities and visits. He is a special player and person!

Connor is now 2 1/2 years post treatment and has no evidence of disease (NED). He gets MRI scans every 6 months now and is finally getting back to being a normal high school kid.

Here is a photo from that night with Marco, Connor, my wife Kathy, myself, and one of my other sons, Trevor (L-R).

Wild Family Skate - GabbyGuy
    GO WILD!!!

Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Met this guy a few times over the years of course. But this was a really special one, for my 30th birthday.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Few more hours to get an entry in!

SCF Rewards
    Country

064.JPG

063.JPG
    049.JPG
    Last note, I could not for the life of me get "scarrman" on the pic. I was able to edit the pic, add "scarrman", but the edited file would not upload, nothing but error or fail. So if it submits without my name great, if not, so be it. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So this pic is based on meeting Mike Krushelnyski. There was a sponsored free hockey training event in Calgary so I took my son down. "Krusher" was there and once the kids hit the ice, he grabbed all us parents and we met in the dressing room.
    He talked about our kids, our expectations, fair play, being positive and supportive - all good stuff. But once he finished with that, he asked if we wanted to hear some stories! Of course we did, and he obliged, most of his stories were about the Great One. Following the dressing room banter, we got to meet him one on one, and he let me try on his Stanley Cup rings!
    Outside the room was signing and picture time. The main pic for this submission is my son with Krusher, but another pic of him looking on as Krusher signed his stick.
    So we got to not just meet an NHL player, we got to hear some stories, the family go to meet him, get some pics, and get a stick signed. For me, having grown up in Edmonton and having the opportunity to watch the Oilers, it was really cool to meet him and hear some stories about him, the Oilers, and of course Wayne Gretzky.

064.JPG
    063.JPG
    049.JPG
    Last note, I could not for the life of me get "scarrman" on the pic. I was able to edit the pic, add "scarrman", but the edited file would not upload, nothing but error or fail. So if it submits without my name great, if not, so be it. Thanks.

I had to edit cuz the text got all screwed up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12