Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

Leafs are an embarrassment

just wasted another 2 1/2 hours watch that bunch of pansies try not to get too close to any bruin, oh yeah and they lost again too. i know they won the other night but it is pathetic the way they get pushed around AND NEVER PUSH BACK. i mean Gauthier is 6'5' but i saw Krug knock him over. and they stick check or push but they never bodycheck. actually i am wrong there the little guy timashov threw a couple nice hits. but my goodess, its a waste of time putting nylander out there. and marner is generally invisible against the bruins. i blame coach bladcock its his way or go away. why not bring up a couple bruiser when you play boston INSTEAD of Petan and Shore.they let Marchand push them around and even Pastrnak has no fear. next comes washington and les habs, cant see much changing. get rid of baldcock. bring in some bruisers. push back, bunch of pansies. last fight for the leafs, kadri and leivo you cant count the grabfest by hainsey.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kdmm0's Items on eBay

I honestly think the lustre has worn out for Babcock. He will never change his way and that is going against him. Even Tortorella changed. I think the players are actually trying to get him fired. I think they are done with his never change attitude. However you are right, the leafs are too soft.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

quite frankly, if we take the bruins as an example, they are a one line team with three grind lines. i think i heard that their 3 other lines have 7 goals so far this year. and they are still a difficult team to beat. and they arent paying their number one line 33 million dollars either. if the leaves and the bruins meet in the playoffs again this year and there is no guarentee the leaves will make the playoffs, i cant see any way it will turn out any different then the last few years. this year really seems pointless to even bother. just a waste of over 70 million dollars.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I'm a Leafs fan and yes, the Leafs need a backup goalie and they need better defense. This is all true.

However, most importantly, they need a new coach. Mike Babcock is VERY overrated. He is NOT a good coach. Sure, he won Olympic gold and a Stanley Cup but in both cases, his only duty was to say "you guys are up next". Detroit was loaded with veterans who knew how to win and the same was true for the Olympic team.

As a result, he has little experience in dealing with a young professional hockey league team. He is better suited for a veteran team like the L.A. Kings: Doughty, Brown, Kopitar, Quick, Martinez, Carter, Kovalchuk, and Lewis would likely benefit more from Babcock than this Leafs team has

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I agree, I think Babcoack needs to go. He had a good run but I would love to see someone else run this team who has more experience guiding a young team, which is what we need in my opinion.

His system is designed the get the other team into penalty trouble on a good night and have the stacked Powerplay line get it done, not to push back and get penalties in return. I get that, but I do agree that we need more pushback as a team. You need to fight your way to the top if you expect to win a Stanley Cup, not just by having a solid team and a good regular season. Frustrating to be a Leafs fan right now, especially after last nights loss against those Bruins.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Oakland Raiders Toronto Blue Jays
    See barkingtreespider's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Send PayPal to jayeh1969 Member is PayPal Verified

Let's trade Babcock & Nylander to the Panthers for Quenneville.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Let's trade Babcock & Nylander to the Panthers for Quenneville.

Sheldon Keefe will replace Babcock. Nylander needs to bring in defensive help and/or a competent backup goalie.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sheldon Keefe will replace Babcock. Nylander needs to bring in defensive help and/or a competent backup goalie.

I agree that Keefe would be a suitable replacement ... Leafs should have moved Nylander last year.

His value isn't that high right now and teams recognize he's a huge liability in his own end. He looked very promising in 2016-17 and 2017-18 when he broke the 60 point mark but last year was terrible and this year isn't much better as he's on pace for only 52 points (assuming he plays all 82 games).

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I agree that Keefe would be a suitable replacement ... Leafs should have moved Nylander last year.

His value isn't that high right now and teams recognize he's a huge liability in his own end. He looked very promising in 2016-17 and 2017-18 when he broke the 60 point mark but last year was terrible and this year isn't much better as he's on pace for only 52 points (assuming he plays all 82 games).

To be fair, I don't think William Nylander is a favourite of Mike Babcock. A 50-point player is decent. He should still bring in a defenseman of some description. He has 7 points in 11 games. Not terrible. He is contributing at a decent clip. Should he be scoring more considering the amount he makes? Yes, for sure.

I'm of the opinion that defensive players should play defense and offensive players should worry about the offense. Forcing players like Nylander, Kessel, Ovechkin, or Laine to try to play defense is a stupid decision. Put defensive players out against offensive players and offensive players against defensive players. Star two-way players like Patrice Bergeron are few and far between. Stop trying to create a Bergeron on your team.

Mike Babcock is too set in his ways. His coaching style hasn't changed since 2007-08. His strategies just don't work in 2019-20.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Babcock doesnt seem to be able to adapt when something isnt working especially during a game. it also seems like he falls in love with 3rd and 4th lines instead of playing his top guys 20 minutes a night.
    and get rid of nylander, send him to the minors.huge mistake overpaying him but he doesnt deserve 18 minutes a night. guys bust their butts getting to the nhl. leafs know they made a mistake, they are just hoping puck hits him and bounces in & thats not gonna happen until someone shows him where the front of the net is. he is a lot like kessel - a peripheral player, enters the zone with speed AND ALWAYS PULLS UP to pass back to a DEFENSEMAN. and then he stays outside the scoring zone. sure he may score from there once in a while but even a guy with a shot like Ovie or Matthews has to get closer. the goalies are too much like walls now

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast