Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its mind blowing that the Leafs don't see this!!!

Exactly ... this is why St Louis won the Cup last year, and why the Caps won it the year before and so on.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its mind blowing that the Leafs don't see this!!!

That's because Dexter relies solely on his analytics because it worked for baseball, where how you play your own position and batting stats are all that matter. How do you use that nonsense to determine the performance potential of the top grinders or the dynamics and the player interactions of a hockey team for that matter. Which is why I specifically mentioned Connor Brown, a new fan favourite in Ottawa.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Blues fan here and the Leafs are in the same situation they have been in for the last few years now. I mentioned that before the season started. One of the top scoring teams, middle of the pack defense on good days, and a goaltender who wins a lot of REGULAR season games. I don't mean that as an insult on Andersen but he can only hold down the fort so long.

Maple Leafs without a 1st round pick in 2020 and tight on salary cap. Here are some random numbers I have come across so far in the early part of the year. I think they need a legit backup goalie, Hyman coming back will be a huge boost(even though Marner now out for at least a month). This team is built on offense and I think this team needs time to figure it out once healthy. Hyman is back now, Marner out at least a month, Tavares has missed almost 1/3 of the games. If you can find a legit backup goalie and D depth cheap that is great, but they aren't in position to sell this early in the season.

Hutchinson in goal this year (they give up a ton of shots but might as well bring up someone for what he is producing)

0-4-1

Even Strength Save Percentage 86.8% (Why are these so close?)
    Short Hand Save Percentage 82.6%

Toronto

In one goal games 3-4-4

Toronto

Non-one goal games 6-3-0

St Louis

In one goal games 8-0-4

St Louis

Non-one goal games 4-3-0

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Was reading this article earlier today if anyone wants to give it a read:

That’s the Last Straw: Toronto Maple Leafs Need to Fire Mike Babcock
    ttps://editorinleaf.com/2019/11/14/toronto-maple-leafs-fire-mike-babcock-2/
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

Les Leafs Looked awful again tonight.
    gotta feel sorry for the rookie goalie.

at least it pushes babcock closer to the exit, then they can do a st.louis rebirth in the new year !

dreaming, yeah probably

fire babcock, trade johnsson or nylander (nylander since he is "hot" now according to leaf broadcasters) and barrie free up cap space, get a couple stay at home blueliners who know how to play defense.
    and a couple more young large wingers for salary minimums. guys who have played in the minors for a couple years and know how to compete. other teams find them why cant les leafs

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exactly!! Just waiting for the Axe to fall!! Hopefully sooner than later before this season is a write off!!

at least it pushes babcock closer to the exit, then they can do a st.louis rebirth in the new year !

dreaming, yeah probably

fire babcock, trade johnsson or nylander (nylander since he is "hot" now according to leaf broadcasters) and barrie free up cap space, get a couple stay at home blueliners who know how to play defense.
    and a couple more young large wingers for salary minimums. guys who have played in the minors for a couple years and know how to compete. other teams find them why cant les leafs

SCF Rewards
    Country

dreaming, yeah probably

Barrie is an RFA next season. No one is giving anything for him right now, especially with the numbers hes putting up.

I still feel Nylander is cheap enough that there will be many teams interested in him, with his age / talent / bounce back from last season ...... but the last major "star" winger for "stay at home" d man was Hall for Larsson. Ask Oilers fans how that's turned out.

Johnsson is too cheap and too young to give up on.

I feel, with the Leafs, because there are so many things wrong ..... its to do with coaching. Maybe not specifically the coach, but more so the systems and style he wants his team to play.

IMO, the Stars and the Leafs are pretty similar teams ...... both have a lot of offensive talent, their main D are "offensive" players and both teams have starting goaltenders in the top 1/3 of the league. Lets not count Khudobin VS whoever the Leafs think is a backup goalie. Dallas players are coached a certain way, to play defensive and take the offensive opportunities when they present themselves instead of trying to create as much. The Leafs on the other hand seem to always be thinking offense first .... and their D zone coverage is terrible.

Change the system, the team can win. Everyone knows they have the personal to put the puck in the net ...... the coaches need to challenge their players to be better on the other end ...... and a lot of that may be how they are told to play the game.

Not sure if Babcock is smart enough to change his system for the team .... or if hes gonna be stubborn till they part
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Change the system, the team can win. Everyone knows they have the personal to put the puck in the net ...... the coaches need to challenge their players to be better on the other end ...... and a lot of that may be how they are told to play the game.

Not sure if Babcock is smart enough to change his system for the team .... or if hes gonna be stubborn till they part

^^^^^^

This is pretty much my exact thoughts on the Leafs.

Babcock schemes in ways that don't reflect the talent he has to work with. He won't adapt.

The Leafs are loaded with offensive players, but they've got a coach who wants to win 2-1 games, not 4-3. "That's not how you win in the playoffs" is what everyone says..... ummm, how do you know?

The last couple of years, the Leafs have come flying out the gate, scoring goals by the bucket full. Then the coach reigns them in, tries to make them play a game that better suits mediocre players, instead of high end ones. They stop scoring at such a high pace.... and end up in the middle of the pack, get bounced in the first round playing his "try not to lose" style.

One thing is really clear. How the GM has built this team ,does not mesh with how the coach wants the team to play.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

One thing is really clear. How the GM has built this team ,does not mesh with how the coach wants the team to play.

That is exactly right

I notice a bunch are all over Babcock and that is fine. Think you need to hold the GM just as responsible if not more so. You are paying 3 offensive guys $10.9 million or more a year. This team is constructed to win regular season games, they aren't built to win championships. Throw in no 2019 or 2020 1st round picks.

Few little team league stats since Dubas joined team in 2014. He got named GM in 2018 and was assistant while. This team is playing the way the GM built it. I am more inclined to think Babcock knows that won't win in the playoffs.

Wins 20th

Points 21st

Goals for avg 6th

Goals allowed avg 5th

Shots allowed per game avg tied for 2nd

Shot attempts for 5 on 5 3rd

Shot attempts against 5 on 5 3rd

Playoffs during this time

Shots per average game 11th

Shots against per average game 2nd
    Last edited by markw2856; 11-20-2019 at 12:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

6 losses in a Row now!! Something has to happen soon. Babcock & Dubas both need to go, neither 1 is good for the Leafs!! After 45 plus years of being a Leafs fan this is getting old fast.
    Why isn't Shanahan our GM with Fletcher riding shotgun for him teaching him the ropes? We have too much talent to be this bad!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast