Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Greetings from Colorado!

Hi all & greetings from Colorado!
    I figured I should join here and start learning the ropes. I collected for many years but stopped in about 1994. Life got in the way & then the market tanked. I am very knowledgeable on vintage stuff from the 80s on back to the tobacco era, and collect all of it. I am very fond of oddball regional issues (think Gardner Bread cards of the Brewers, police sets of the Brewers. You want a challenge, try collecting police sets lol There's soooo many). I was heavily invested in the hobby, so much so that I did shows selling.

After a long absence & turning 50 this year (yikes!!!!) I started thinking about my future and how I need to start investing in things. I decided to take the plunge and re-enter the hobby and man, did I get a ever get a shock of a lifetime. It's absolutely nothing like it used to & once I heard a couple weeks ago Fleer was gone I about cried. I am very overwhelmed trying to wade through the swamp of all the new stuff, it's crazy and my brain is potato almost. There's just so much that it's information overload. So many subsets, variations, parallels, refractors, serial numbers, autographs, I'm shocked there wasn't a Topps Halloween release but I guess that's what the Holiday is for lol Up until a week ago, I had no idea who any of the ballplayers were passed say 1995. I never heard of Judge, Soto, and Trout. I'm a complete n00b lol Old stuff, I'm fine but this new stuff, I'm very green. So if I ask stupid/dumb questions at times, please forgive me, but I honestly don't know & am trying to learn.
    Reddit's r/baseballcards is where I have been hanging out, watching, learning, along with COMC and ebay, spending way too much money than I should. I have forgotten how utterly damn addictive this all is. I've managed to snag some pretty good deals on stuff though.

So, I'm John. Happy to be here and look forward to leaning all can! :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome John to SCF and back to the hobby! Do you have a favorite sport or team? Ask away, no think as a dumb question!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Welcome and good luck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

John,

Congrats an welcome to the site. Ask away if you have any questions. I love odd ball issues too!

Rich

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF John, hope you are enjoying yourself here!