Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why would UD need to go onto eBay to get this stuff? Chris Carlin could walk into any of the shops within an hour of his work and pick something up - not to mention the shows that he goes to as a good will ambassador.

I shake my head.

Not every shop have a 08-09 s2 set

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Like others have mentioned, having more cards for another BuyBacks product would be my best guess as well! Nice!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Best guess is that they are releasing 1/1 in series 2 for the 2nd 15 years of Upper Deck.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Best guess is that they are releasing 1/1 in series 2 for the 2nd 15 years of Upper Deck.

From what we have seen this morning with 1/1 30th anniversary buybacks, that's my feeling too.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those 1/1 Anniversary BuyBacks are so cool.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

If anyone cares to read, I recently posted a new blog post about these Series 1 Buybacks. I even linked this thread in the article too. Enjoy!

https://creasecollector.weebly.com/b...to-ud-series-1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If anyone cares to read, I recently posted a new blog post about these Series 1 Buybacks. I even linked this thread in the article too. Enjoy!

https://creasecollector.weebly.com/b...to-ud-series-1

In your blog post you show a message (tweet?) from Upper Deck where they say that every card from 1990 on will have a 1/1 buyback. Does that mean that someone like Mario Lemieux, who has almost 3,500 UD Ser1/Ser2 cards (including parallels and inserts) could have hundreds if not thousands of 1/1 buybacks out there?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

In your blog post you show a message (tweet?) from Upper Deck where they say that every card from 1990 on will have a 1/1 buyback. Does that mean that someone like Mario Lemieux, who has almost 3,500 UD Ser1/Ser2 cards (including parallels and inserts) could have hundreds if not thousands of 1/1 buybacks out there?

They are only doing 1/1 of the base cards and SPs. No 1/1s of the parallels, inserts, GU and autos.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Only the base set and rookies from the main Upper Deck sets will have 1/1 buyback versions. So only the basic set, the parallels and insert cards are not included in these buyback issued cards.

Some guys from the 90's will have a lot of 1/1's though, but it won't be that many.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Circling back to this now that's there's no longer a mystery, it's really wild to see the cards that were in the set I sold (for $8.99+ship) going for $10 to $100+ each!
    This is indeed a strange hobby ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast