Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Upper Deck Allure

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Upper Deck Allure

Why is UD releasing a competitor to it's OPCP staple? It's going to release two months earlier and basically be the same product with a different design than the OPC. I do like the look of it, but it seems unnecessary to have a 2nd chrome product.

https://www.beckett.com/news/2019-20...-hockey-cards/

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those cards will look pretty once live!

Here's some mock-up pictures from the above article:

Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Good question. I like some of the shiny stuff but it does seem a little redundant.
    I worry if they saturate the market with too much product the value of cards will be eroded.
    And the name...Allure? Sounds like a perfume. lol
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

they have done the whole flood the market and erode value thing to death long ago - we're years past the point of the super vast majority of anything not a top 3 rookie or top 20 hall of famer retaining value

With regards to this product - it actually seems quite interesting and cool but to me the production value of the chrome on the OPCP product has been so inconsistent that I've avoided it - despite liking the configuration and price point of OPCP in general - I just hate buying cards that are scuffed, curled and otherwise defective right out of the pack

definitely keeping my eye on this tho

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

In terms of designs, I prefer Credentials in their new products. If I stop in a card shop and they have packs available, I'll try a couple for fun, but I won't get deeper into these products.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

For everybody complaining, remember that they've got 22 releases they need to put out each year as part of the exclusive. Certain products don't work on a year-to-year basis, so they're branching to do something a little different. Not everything will fit into everybody's favoured type of releases, but going negative without having seen the cards live seems premature. Yes it's similar to Platinum but it's got its own subsets and variants, so it will have some unique pieces in there. Plus these look as though they'll be sticker autos, which likely means a lower price point to attract collectors on a budget. Plus, auto patches are not included in Platinum, so there's that.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The product looks nice but like others have said the name is pretty awful for a hockey product
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

For everybody complaining, remember that they've got 22 releases they need to put out each year as part of the exclusive. Certain products don't work on a year-to-year basis, so they're branching to do something a little different. Not everything will fit into everybody's favoured type of releases, but going negative without having seen the cards live seems premature. Yes it's similar to Platinum but it's got its own subsets and variants, so it will have some unique pieces in there. Plus these look as though they'll be sticker autos, which likely means a lower price point to attract collectors on a budget. Plus, auto patches are not included in Platinum, so there's that.

I do like the look, but i think it would be better to put this in the synergy release time period to break up the chrome products a little more.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I do like the look, but i think it would be better to put this in the synergy release time period to break up the chrome products a little more.

Remember that autograph-driven content, regardless of sticker or hard-signed, takes longer to procure. Later in the year = (hopefully) fewer redemptions.