Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I decided a few years ago to put together the UD sets from 2000/01 to 2004/05, from when I wasn't really collecting.

I got lucky and found a local guy who was closing his store about a year and a half ago who had all the base sets. I got them for about $15 CAD a pop. I've slowly been putting together the SP's and pick them up at shows when I can. It's fun searching through dollar boxes and finding ones I need. I've even picked up a few MS cards for a buck or two from dealers who didn't know how hard they are to find. I actually just picked up the Kobasew YG a few weeks back at the Calgary show.

^^^

I can totally see that. If someone was looking at a stack of those MS cards (in particular) they'd most likely assume that Gretzky / Lemieux / Howe / Roy are the ones to price higher..... not Tony Amonte or Chris Drury.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

While perusing some sites today, and seeing your alias on here, thought you might like this link as another option.
    https://www.steelcitycollectibles.co...ckey-hobby-box

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It is always funny when I see a thread on this set, it is without a doubt the hardest base UD set to put together. The SSP's were all 1:24, so you only got 1 per box all other YG's were the standard 1:4, so yeah at least 6 times harder to find these. I loved that concept and why they did not continue that I don't know, it drove me to buy box after box to try and hit the ones I needed. I got lucky and put the set mostly together before the prices went way up, pretty sure Chistov was the last one I secured. Of course I sold off my set before these all rose again, but no regrets it was fun to do. I wish UD would do that with the higher prospects again. Just imagine where McDavid would be if he was 1:24 or Crosby, talk about a $5,000 base YG. Now that would bring life back to the hobby pretty quick, or at least to Series I & II....
    Well, guess I am looking for a new photo site as well, ehh maybe not....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12