Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

UD Series 1 valuation/pricing

So, I've never really been into Series 1/2, but now that I have a new PC player who is in S1, I am trying to figure out what is considered a fair valuation.

I thought that there was a fairly standard price multiplier from base Young Gun to Clear Cut, Exclusive and High Gloss. Can you experts provide some more conception? I.E. if ebay seems to be pricing base young guns at $10, should Clear Cut be $50, Exclusives $100, High Gloss $300 (5x, 10x, 30x)??

Also, how does first week vs. 3rd week anticipation affect these multipliers?

TIA

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think you'll find that a hard formula like that is hard to come by.

1st week, vs 3rd week, vs "ePack flood the market", vs "20-21 is out now" will have a MASSIVE impact on the price of the base YGs, for sure. Hughes is selling for around $100 now.... I can't imagine he'll be much more than half of that by the time March rolls around.

Exclusives, depending on who the player is, you should be able to find decent deals if you wait.

HG is a different animal all together. Those cards are limited enough, that hype (alone) isn't the only factor. Consider that some of the 10 copies will never surface online.... you're probably competing with other bidders for one of six or seven copies (at most). If you're after a player on a popular team - even if the YG is worth a buck or two, you may see the HG go for 100x or 150x times that. Used to see that all the time with Finnish players, for example.