Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: COMC Annoyances

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC Annoyances

I am just curious to hear other peoples annoyances with COMC.

Don't get me wrong, COMC is the GOAT, but a few things still drive me nuts.

1) My first major annoyance is the "EX-NM" cards on COMC. Why are these cards almost always more expensive than the regular listed cards? "EX-NM" generally means worse condition than the regular listed cards. Worse condition means it should be worth less, although card collectors they don't seem to understand this??? Perhaps COMC should program a pop-up or something into their website that notifies sellers that their card is "EX-NM" which means you shouldn't be listing it for triple the value of the mint condition conspecific card. Now most examples of this are base cards from 1990-current. Why would someone want to pay $3-$5 for an "EX-NM" base card from 1991? I don't even want base cards from that era in GEM MINT condition for free.

2) The second annoyance is those damn "flippers" who over price cards so absurdly they don't have a chance in heck to flip their cards because nobody will buy them. There are dozens of sellers who buy up all sorts of cheaply listed cards in the $1 range, and then relist them at $20-$50! Meanwhile there are still many other versions of the same card listed in the $1-$2 range. How in the world would you even think that would sell? This screws up the prices, then when all the cheap cards sell, new sellers will list their cards at the morons high price, and they will sit in COMC limbo forever at high prices without selling. Just last night I went to buy a card for $1, but I was beat to it, and buddy bought the card for $1, and relisted it at $20.24, for a stupid base card that is worth $0.25. I am just happy he is making COMC rich!

3) Sellers who have the same card listed at stupidly different prices. For example look at some of the Fortnite cards. There is a seller there who has the SAME card, one is listed at around $1, the other is listed at around $100. Just stupid! And they have many examples of absurdly priced cards. This specific seller is also mentioned in many threads on this forum as a turd. This just screws up with the pricing and makes some cards literally sit in COMC limbo for probably forever.

Just more evidence to show that the rate of mental disorder among the trading card hobby is significantly greater than it is among the general population as a whole.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

@30ranfordfan

This one might be up your alley to answer

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

On the first point... The only thing I would say is that the lack of a condition note doesn't mean the card is flawless.... but on the pricing, you're right. Why someone pay a premium.... no idea.

The other two, I'm with you. There are some sellers whose pricing makes no sense. I can only assume they don't actually want to sell their cards, they're just showing them off with absurd prices.... though I've never come across a card with multiple copies from the same seller, and a big price gap between the two.

I don't have many conplaints with the site, but I will say that the increased cost of the mailbox has lead to me using it less.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah they are at about MAX at what they can charge before they start losing buyers.

Most trading card sellers are certified retarded (They have a certificate!), so they will never run out of sellers. They can double their prices and sellers will still send them 1000 count boxes by the truckload.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lots of people saying $5 shipping for a single card is too high and that they're not buying from them any longer because of it. I don't blame them. It makes no sense if you want something that costs $10 & under to pay that sort of cost.