Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

By using the term limp wristed, are you implying that they are gay? If not, then can you explain more?
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Don Cherry did the one unspeakable / unforgiveable that you can do in 2019 to trigger liberals/fascists - he spoke the truth.

Rogers (as a money-making machine) did the only thing that a far-left organization who are dependant on the truly ignorant but easily corruptible could do, they gave allot of money to a liberal man who painted his face black but one who was in a position of power and fired the conservative man who spoke the truth but someone whom in 2019, no longer made them enough $$$$ to matter.

99% of these "Canadians" who are currently feigning outrage, do not / have not / will never even watch a hockey game.........but never take a chance to further fascism for granted!

For the record, I haven't watched Cherry or the limp-wristed, back-stabbing, do-anything-for-a-dollar beta-male Maclean for 5-10 years but.......before this form of Liberal Fascism started spreading in Canada, we used to have something called free speech.

Curious to see if this board's limp-wristed SJW who is the sole reason for the mass exodus of users the past few years deletes this post after emerging from their safe space?

On this Remembrance day, thank-you to all that serve and those who have served. Sorry that many of you are forced to live on the streets or under bridges but all of the hotels are currently full with the new Canadians who are better people than all of us - at least that's what the gov't and media keep telling us.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I've posted this elsewhere. Don Cherry had a chance to do more by educating all people on why the poppy is worn on Remembrance/Veterans day. I personally have no idea why it is worn (granted I'm in the states), but if he would have used his time on Saturday to educate, inform, and give away poppies in the areas he thinks needs more of them it would have been a much better use of his time. I bet most recent immigrants have no idea about the history of the poppy and that some people would consider it "disrespectful" to not wear one.

I agree with what Ranford said. It appears that he is still stuck in the 80's and before and has not adapted with the times. He has spit vitriol against Europeans, insulted women fans, is still very pro fighting in a time of concussion awareness, even his ridiculous argument calling the Hurricanes a bunch of jerks for having fun and celebrating with their fans.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I find it amusing how some people are putting out coherent, well thought out comments. Others, however, seem to be happy with doing nothing but hurling insults and trying to trigger "bleeding heart, limp wristed, SJWs." Just like every topic, every day. It's actually quite tiresome. It doesn't make you look smart or tough, it makes you look angry and unhinged. Please, knock it off.

8 years a member, 1 trade & and an opinion about everything. Wouldnt Social Media be much better for Drama. You dont like my opinion thats cool but that will be the day that i `knock it off`for you lmao.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@HabsRock11

8 years a member, 1 trade & and an opinion about everything. Wouldnt Social Media be much better for Drama. You dont like my opinion thats cool but that will be the day that i `knock it off`for you lmao.

The number of trades I have made in no way invalidates my opinion that there is no need to lob insults at people. What does one have to do with the other? You're obviously just upset because my way of viewing the world is a polar opposite of yours, and that's fine. We're allowed to view things differently. But insulting other people because of these views is just wrong. There's no arguing that.

Edit: And for the record, I'm not specifically saying YOU were insulting people. But I am saying don't defend it.
    Last edited by subban7677; 11-12-2019 at 02:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First off you referenced my `Bleeding Hearts`` comment then said, we should `knock it off`. Why would i be upset, I am quite fine with my opinion & the fact that others dont agree with it. All i meant by my comment was that the Don Cherry comments weren`t that bad & if it wasn`t for the Bleeding Hearts & Whiners nothing would have been said about it. People want to create Racism & Controversy so this is what they do. They take something as simple as what Cherry said & blow it out of proportion to the point where its become pathetic!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@HabsRock11

First off you referenced my `Bleeding Hearts`` comment then said, we should `knock it off`. Why would i be upset, I am quite fine with my opinion & the fact that others dont agree with it. All i meant by my comment was that the Don Cherry comments weren`t that bad & if it wasn`t for the Bleeding Hearts & Whiners nothing would have been said about it. People want to create Racism & Controversy so this is what they do. They take something as simple as what Cherry said & blow it out of proportion to the point where its become pathetic!!

The "bleeding hearts" was yours. The rest was not. Most of us on the left won't raise a stink over that term. Contrary to popular belief, we're not all insulted that easily.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

From an outsider perspective:
    I truly don't understand why suggesting that immigrants should make more of an effort to respect the history of their adopted country is punishable by firing. His segment was in the context of your veteran's day.
    Is it a smart thing to say and worth discussing? I don't think so. Do I agree with his opinion? I don't really care either way.
    With that said, to spin this into him being "racist" is connecting a lot of dots that simply aren't in what he said.

In summary, I think this is a lot of people trying to make something big out of something minor.
    One final note: I've seen the terms "old white folks" and "white people" thrown around in this thread. Isn't that more racist than anything Cherry said? I'd argue yes.
    Wanted: Blues #'d, AU, GU. Especially Federko, CuJo, Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Tarasenko
    My Traders on Flickr - Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content Store (Everything Here Not For Trade)

SCF Rewards
    Country

One final note: I've seen the terms "old white folks" and "white people" thrown around in this thread. Isn't that more racist than anything Cherry said? I'd argue yes.

Just to give some context as I was the person who said those things. There's racism all around the world. Every race is guilty of it, and you can't generalize any one group in regards to anything in this world, as you'll always have your good people and your bad people. What I was referring to is that of all the Canadians I've met who have less than favourable opinions of immigrants and people who are different than them, I'd say a solid 90% of them are over 45 and white. And that's not even to say they're entirely to blame... In some cases it's just a lack of exposure to other cultures. If you grow up white, surrounded by white people, and all you know about other cultures is what you've heard from fellow white people, you'll likely have some misconceptions. Especially in the more rural Canadian areas, where seeing someone with a different colour of skin may genuinely be shocking to them.

Anyone who I know (family, friends, etc.) that has posted on Facebook in support of Don Cherry falls into that over 45 and white category. That's not to say that they are bad people or that I won't talk to them, because that would be a huge overreaction. But a huge part of the reason that the world can be a really crappy place sometimes is that people think only their opinion matters, and anyone who disagrees is a prima donna, or an SJW, or a snowflake, etc. All I'm saying is that tolerance and understanding of other people and cultures creates a much less divisive environment. If you (not you specifically, poster whom I'm replying to) think that the second you let a foreigner celebrate Diwali in Canada, that the whole country is being given away and is no longer Canadian, then you are the intolerant one who needs to learn.

Personally, I'm not really offended by the whole Cherry thing and would agree that it's blown out of proportion a bit. It's basically an "old man is out of touch with reality" kind of thing. The fact that it's created so much division, however, is the most fascinating thing, and supports my thought that we have a whole bunch of closet racists here in my beautiful country. And before anyone gets offended at such a statement, perhaps reconsider your definition of the term itself.

One last note - as another poster mentioned, none of this would have happened if Don took the opportunity to educate rather than point the finger at immigrants.
    My COMC Port: Hidden Content My prices are so low, you'll think I have brain damage!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very well said!! Exactly what i was trying to say. Thanks

From an outsider perspective:
    I truly don't understand why suggesting that immigrants should make more of an effort to respect the history of their adopted country is punishable by firing. His segment was in the context of your veteran's day.
    Is it a smart thing to say and worth discussing? I don't think so. Do I agree with his opinion? I don't really care either way.
    With that said, to spin this into him being "racist" is connecting a lot of dots that simply aren't in what he said.

In summary, I think this is a lot of people trying to make something big out of something minor.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See johnwaynehankwilliams's Items on eBay

As a retired veteran I know one thing. Don Cherry stands behind the Military. I am glad for that.

Should he have said what he did. Maybe not. He is a very opinionated person. He has said may things to Piss of lots of different people.

As a retired vet I wear the Poppy because I believe in what everyone sacrificed to give us the freedom we have today. It really doesn't matter to me if no one else wears a Poppy. They can if they want to. That is why the soldiers went to war to give us the right to do as we feel. I do not think they would be offended if someone did not wear a Poppy. They were doing what they thought was right at the time.

Peace to everyone.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast