Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

just for information sake so posters will stop using the dreaded "R" word

there exists on our planets only 3 races

“Caucasoid,” “Negroid,” and “Mongoloid,” - look it up

please if you want your post to be taken seriously use biased or prejudiced.

old white folk is biased & racist as caucasoid are white and old limits/defines the collective to a select number.

what i am seeing here is a line being drawn in the sand and it seems that it is done by age.

we of the senior type believe that our generation in Canada was the best and we see it devolving before our very eyes. when we are led by a liberal government led by such a dummy as Justine Turd-O (and please i am referring to the type of dummy who sits on anothers lap who has his hand up the dummys lower region), when we see the decline of patriotism, the decline of OUR moral values, scruples, decentcy, and the influx of new ideas that we have trouble understanding such as the tech world, fluid gender rules well its scary. we see our old ways being tossed aside as useless and even worse maligned. but lets everybody relax. we did our part, the best we could. now youth will be served and altho disagreeable we must accept it. from our point of view right and wrong is a blurred line.

and to our valued posters

remember God gave us two ears and only one mouth. it is doubly important to listen than talk. we never learn anything by talking only by listening to others talk. others but not everyone

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    My traders on Flickr

My parents are immigrants and I am of mixed race. My girlfriend is a non-white immigrant. None of us were offended by Don's remarks. I watched Coach's Corner that evening and while i didn't take offence, i knew that the backlash would be imminent because that's just the society we live in now - the overly sensitive and easily offended. The hypocrisy is that the same people who called for Don's head are the same ones who voted back in you-know-who. If Sportsnet wants to let him go because they don't want to deal with the complainers, that's their prerogative. Didn't like the fact that they did it on Remembrance Day though.
    Hidden Content
    Traders album: Hidden Content
    Full traders list: Hidden Content
    Instagram: leafer.70

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My parents are immigrants and I am of mixed race. My girlfriend is a non-white immigrant. None of us were offended by Don's remarks. I watched Coach's Corner that evening and while i didn't take offence, i knew that the backlash would be imminent because that's just the society we live in now - the overly sensitive and easily offended. The hypocrisy is that the same people who called for Don's head are the same ones who voted back in you-know-who. If Sportsnet wants to let him go because they don't want to deal with the complainers, that's their prerogative. Didn't like the fact that they did it on Remembrance Day though.

I would agree that many people did not care. Of course you have to be respectful to those that you might offend. The problem as you say is those that are offended by this are not truly offended by blackface as it does not fit their agenda. It appears many of the ones who are offended have a double standard imo. In the end all icons must come to a end and it appears this will be the nail in the coffin for Don Cherry and his non filtered commentary.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would agree that many people did not care. Of course you have to be respectful to those that you might offend. The problem as you say is those that are offended by this are not truly offended by blackface as it does not fit their agenda. It appears many of the ones who are offended have a double standard imo. In the end all icons must come to a end and it appears this will be the nail in the coffin for Don Cherry and his non filtered commentary.

DON

You are absolutely correct, Canada does have a double standard problem that starts right at the very top. Yet when asked to explain it the reaction you will get is either one of anger or silence. The article at this link sums up our national problem quite nicely.
    https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...l-re-education
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks looking at the link now.
    @piper1

Not sure if this has been posted.

Don Cherry offered job by Russian hockey team to 'talk whatever he thinks'

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...scow-job-offer
    Last edited by doniceage; 11-13-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

LMAO & they voted back in the Guy they`ve complained about for 4 years. I don`t vote cause i dont care which Full of BS dick wins but if what Cherry said was offensive then what Trudeau did was more offensive in my eyes. Like i said earlier, Cherry has said a lot worse than this over the years & this is what get`s him fired!! I think its a joke!! Maybe i missed something along the way but i have never heard Cherry say he didnt like French Canadians or Russians for that matter what he said was he didnt like they`re style of play, it wasn`t like tough Canadian Hockey. I have never heard him say anything about them as people just a hockey players. I watch it every Saturday since forever. Sure, he favors players over others, so do i, does that make me a Bigot or a Racist!!
    At the end of the Day do you think Cherry & his boat load of money gives a crap!! I doubt it!!

You're aware that he spent more than 30 years going out of his way to mispronounced the name of anyone who wasn't English, right?

Again, yet another 1 playing the racism card!! What Don said wasn`t racist & for people to claim it is shows ignorance. Was what he said appropriate? Probably not but definitely not racist. I have a feeling most of the people calling this Racist are the same people who never got spanked, were never told no & got participation medals for being the last!!

“You people that come here… whatever it is, you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you could pay a couple of bucks for a poppy.”

I would actually agree that being anti-immigrant is NOT in itself racist. At least it isn't necessarily. If you are trying to suggest that he's not racist, and merely a bigot, I would tend to agree with that.

Here's my question: If you see two people walking down the road.... they're both about 40 years old (like me). I tell you that one was born here, and one immigrated here last year. Looking at them, how can you tell which one is which?

The answer is really easy: You can't. There is no way to tell.

That's where the racism comes from in Cherry rant. He went after people who "come here" (immigrants) and don't respect our veterans enough. Either he's naive enough to believe than only an immigrant wouldn't be wearing a poppy in early November (which I don't believe for a second) or he thinks he knows what an immigrant looks like.
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 11-13-2019 at 10:01 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If Cherry were to take that job, it will be interesting to see if he honors the fallen Russian soldiers on their commemoration days ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks looking at the link now.

@piper

Not sure if this has been posted.

Don Cherry offered job by Russian hockey team to 'talk whatever he thinks'

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...scow-job-offer

In case you are wondering how we wound up with the same PM after all that check out this link: https://nationalpost.com/opinion/joh...deral-election

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

To compare:
    Trudeau Blackface, 20+ years ago
    Don Cherry's comments, less than 96 hours ago
    Trudeau apologized
    Cherry kinda appologized
    Trudeau welcomes immigrants (too many according to the right)
    Cherry calls them "you people".

I'm not a Trudeau "fanboy". I actually don't usually support the Liberal Party (NDP...be nice!). His Blackface incidents were stupid, really stupid. But his ACTIONS of the last 20+ years don't suggest that is actually who he is today. Cherry's actions over the last 35+ years suggest that is EXACTLY who he is today. Please, let's not equate the two.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

so i get from that that O'Bama influenced our election in the same manner that the Russians supposedly interfered in the US election??
    and where is the public outcry over that? why isnt Turd-O being impeached? oh yeah, we're Canadians everything goes here. we are weak in the world's eyes. welcome to the new world order.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast