Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Carey Price fan and collector!

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 246 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

Largely stepping back from collecting - Habs PC for sale here: Hidden Content !

SCF Rewards
    Country

What, exactly, are Canadian values? What values are you holding sacred, that you believe immigrants don't ? I'm not going to go on some rant about my experiences with "new Canadians" - because they are nothing more than that. My experiences. So I'm really curious. Can you fill me in? Can you let me know which values immigrants don't share with you???

Well, for starters, the ENTIRE province of Quebec has outlined their plans to make a Canadian/Democratic/Quebec "Values" EXAM mandatory for new immigrants wishing to immigrate to Canada. Since you wish to know what Canadian Values are, click here for an example: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...mple-1.5340965 I promise I am not making this sh!t up! Some people in this country truly wish to screen potential immigrants BEFORE we let them into the country!!! And I do not see the problem.

Personally for me, in 2019 alone, I have encountered new immigrants (males) from Africa and India for example, who come to Canada and still believe in rape culture. That is not a Canadian value. I have held the door for new immigrants only to have them tell me `No, they can get it they don`t want my help` because I am white-face, and I have encountered many immigrants walking down the middle of the road instead of on the sidewalk, and then they want to fight when you try to tell them walking is for on the sidewalk. Apparently they don`t have sidewalks in Africa, fine, but when you come to Canada you walk on the sidewalk.

You realize that putting on an Aladdin Costume does not require any makeup for you to look the part, right?

Correct, but then you are a white-faced Aladdin, or a white-faced Obama then you are racist. Or your are a white-faced The Incredible Hulk and you look like a tool. White, brown, black, green, the colour should not matter here if you claim to not be racist. The colour ONLY matters when you are racist, whether you know it or not.

To answer your question: No, not everyone is racist. There's also nothing to suggest that it's hardwired into anyone's psyche. it's learned behavior.

It is called implicit bias. Pretty much everyone is subject to it, except for a few ultra rare remarkable brains. It is natural behaviour to be cautious of something that is different than you. In this case someONE that is different from you.
    Winner of the saddest, most pathetic post of the year Award!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep, just lump every immigrant all into the same lot, because they're all the same. Because they're different from you, they must be bad, right? That's so ignorant it's astonishing.

When I said `You People Drive Me Nuts` I meant you people. YOU! You people reading this thread, these forums. Sportscardforum members. `You People` drive me nuts because I am a huge Don Cherry fan and many of you were ripping his sac here in this thread. I do not refer to immigrants as `You People`. I call immigrants immigrants. I am a simple man.

There are clearly way too many racist people in denial here. This is just beating a dead horse even deader so that it is more dead.

SCF Rewards
    Country

apparently, the final name in cherry's coffin came from the crew at hockey night in the punjab (apparently a real program).

Word out of the rogers building is that several cast members complained to upper management, that cherry was consistently entering their studio and hanging tree fresheners everywhere.

With this vanillaroma travesty coinciding with poppy-gate, cherry's was told that his only hope of remaining, was to dress-up like aladdin wearing black-face and apologizing to the nation while dey'oh was playing in the background.

We obviously all know, that cherry decided against this.

lmao

SCF Rewards
    Country

What, exactly, are Canadian values? What values are you holding sacred, that you believe immigrants don't ? I'm not going to go on some rant about my experiences with "new Canadians" - because they are nothing more than that. My experiences. So I'm really curious. Can you fill me in? Can you let me know which values immigrants don't share with you???

I dunno man.

There are so many people out there trying to immigrate to Canada, and I don’t blame them. Canada is the place to be. Anyone on this planet who isn’t trying to immigrate to Canada is a damn fool! (Just wait until free dental care is included with free health care. What another great reason to go to Canada!)

It is impossible to let all the potential applicants into the country as new immigrants. Canada is not unlimited to immigration doors wide open balls deep as the modern facial colour shift in every major city in Canada suggests. There are limits. We simply cannot let every applicant in.

So why not pick and choose? It makes perfect logical sense to pick all the winners! And choose to deny all the losers. Examples of losers: rapists, pedophiles, murderers, terrorists, scammers, thieves, criminals, and all the other downright dirty examples of the species that is Homo sapiens. Didn’t you do this in junior high school when you were team captain and you took turns picking your teammates? You certainly always strived to select the winners, and so you should!

Well now, how do you pick and choose? I don’t know. The government is PHUCKED. I cannot help. But perhaps you could gauge the applicants somehow, and see how they stack up against each other, for Mother Canada cannot possibly take them all…

Quebec is not my favourite province, possibly my least favourite, but they are on to something here with their immigrant values exam. We should at least ask potential immigrants if they are going to kill anybody while in Canada. Bare minimum, eh? Anyone who suggests they may murder while on their immigration vacation to Canada should not meet up with ANY CANADIAN’S VALUES period. Yours or mine. These are not radical things these Canadian Values. It is quite basic simple stuff. We hold the door open for people because we are kind, we walk on the sidewalk because that is what it was made for, and we don’t kill people.

I believe it should always be the RIGHT PERSON for the job. Whether that person is male or female, or white or brown or green eyes. Selecting immigrants should be no different, in fact it should be more stringent, as this is not a job, this is my country, your country! We should only be selecting candidates who are the RIGHT PERSON, that is they are the right fit because they hold simple basic values the same as those who already live here. There are plenty of other countries to choose from. We are not making anybody come to Canada.

Since we cannot take them all anyways, can we please at least not take the obviously rotten ones???

I do not think it far-fetched to assume that the majority of Canadians have some form of respect for Remembrance Day and the poppy. This is a normal Canadian value. They even have a holiday for it. The government does!

I have never been touched or impacted by war to the point where it affected me. It has never been anything major in my life. But I still wear a damn poppy once a year, pay $2 for it, and at least think, for only 4 or 5 seconds, that I am grateful!

Grateful that I can be a POS human being like 95% of us and I can live dirty and be a waste of skin and a plague on this planet Earth only because the generations before us gave their lives and suffered greatly. They died so that we could be pieces of sh!t driving our big trucks and polluting the environment with our material consumption, all this plastic packaging and trading card garbage. And our modern society makes it so easy to self-justify that we aren’t dirty POS humans so that we may continue on with our dirty daily habits at the expense of our grandchildren and great grandchildren. I am grateful for that! And so should any newcomer to Canada. If it weren’t for those war heroes, “You People*” wouldn’t even have the opportunity to come here. (*sensu stricto Don Cherry).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Apparently they don`t have sidewalks in Africa, fine, but when you come to Canada you walk on the sidewalk.

Africa has sidewalks lol

See? I was there a few weeks ago
    My COMC Port: Hidden Content My prices are so low, you'll think I have brain damage!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678