Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Forget The Ghillie Suit, I've Got the "Gillies" Jersey! New Museum Addition!

And here we have another brand new piece for the goalie collection. Don't forget to "LIKE" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum and "FOLLOW" us on Twitter for more fun things goaltending including trivia, pieces of the week, and semi-occasional contests and giveaways to both engage and astound!

So, let's rewind to the Meigray Expo back in July. From the grab bag, I got a Matt Hendricks Oilers jersey with a fairly low draft choice, a disappointing win for me as I was trying hard to get something of a goalie, but so goes the gamble. Fast forward to last week, fellow collector Dan Day reached out to me asking if the jersey was available and that he had a goalie jersey of a player I still needed available for trade. We quickly worked out a trade deal and now we look at our new piece that just arrived!

Jon Gillies, born on January 22, 1994 in Concord, New Hampshire in the USA, was a standout goalie for Indiana in the USHL. This consistency ended up getting him drafted by the Calgary Flames 75th overall in 2012. Going to college instead of going straight to the pros, Gillies spent the next three years in Providence, also playing for the US World Junior Team in two of those years (even winning the gold medal in 2012-13). After completing his collegiate career, Gillies turned to the pros after being officially signed by Calgary. He appeared in seven games with Stockton in 2015-16 and posted great numbers prior to getting injured and then missing the rest of the season. He was back in 2016-17, and he continued his strong play from the year prior. In 39 games with Stockton, he recorded 18 wins and a strong 0.910% save average. Then, the moment every goalie waits for happened. Called up for the second time by the Flames that season, Gillies was given the start in goal on April 6, 2017 against Los Angeles. Gillies stopped 27 of 28 shots to record a 4-1 win in his NHL debut. In 2017-18, he appeared in another 39 games with Stockton, posting only 17 wins, however, improving his shutouts count to four, and his save average to 0.917%. He also got into 11 more NHL games with Calgary, though posted only average numbers. In 2018-19 he did not get to play anymore NHL games despite a mid-season call-up, though he appeared in 45 games with Stockton in the AHL. As of the 2019-20 season, he is still playing with the Stockton Heat and not completely out of the Flames' goaltending picture.

As he is still an active goalie of only 25 years of age, career stats will not be posted at this time.

What you are looking at right now is a stunning 2017-18 Stockton Heat game worn red jersey used by Jon Gillies. Definitively photomatched, it highlights some very nice wear including puck and stick marks.

Acquired from: Dan Day, includes Stockton Team LOA

Dates of Game Use: All exact dates unknown

Photomatched: YES

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Awesome. Also, your headlines always are spot on

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Awesome. Also, your headlines always are spot on

Thank you!

I've got to be creative with my titles to make my posts stand out!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great job on this firery addition!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content