Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wondering......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

i just looked up bowman tiffany on the internet. I don't see the difference between a tiffany card and the regular cards.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you have the Regular & Tiffany cards in hand, the difference is easy to spot. The Tiffany are glossier, and better card stock. Still not worth a ton though.....

Here's the thing with a set like 90-91 OPC Premier (for the record, I own one too!)

If you're looking to sell it, who are you going to sell it to?

If you're using something local, like a FB buy/sell group, or Kijiji: Maybe you can find a taker in the $25-$50 range (I suspect it will be hard to do better than $30, but I'm not always right).

If you're trying to move it online (i.e. sell it to someone who is NOT local) you have to mail it......

It's going to cost somewhere between $10 and $20 to mail that set, within Canada. Shipping out a single card, or even the best 5 cards, will cost about $2 to mail.

So even if you find that hypothetical person, who does want to buy the set...... if they were willing to overpay for it, and offered you $40, shipped, you're still going to pocket under $30 for it.

The Jagr SHOULD be a $10 - $15 sale on its own... and you can probably get a buck or two for Federov or Sundin,

I had to look at a checklist again, to refresh my memory..... but IMO:

A lot with the following cards:

Jagr, Federov, Sundin, Modano, Domi, Cujo, Mogilny, Roenick (and let's say Gretzky & Lemieux, to make it an even 10)

You would have a MUCH better chance of selling those 10 cards for $25 online, than you would the entire set for $30.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'd keep that set. I remember in 1990 that was THE set to have. It was worth a fortune. I was buying them at 50 cents a pack before the price exploded. It's not worth so much anymore, but purely for the nostalgia, I'd keep it. I've thought about trying to get a set because I couldn't afford it as a kid, but the shipping cost is too prohibitive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I'm not looking to sell anything now.

It all goes back to my original thread 2 weeks ago on weather or not i should keep my old sets or should i break up my old set, extract the good cards and throw away the useless common cards, to save space in my home.

SCF Rewards
    Country

subban what about my other 90's sets (UD,topps,OPc, score, etc)

break them up or keep the set?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Keep em or break em up? Their only value is nostalgia. What does that mean to you? I just leafed through my 1989-90 OPC set last week. Only the Sakic RC had any real value. (Still not much). But it was fun to look through it. Do you enjoy them? If yes, keep them. If not, break them up and dump the worthless stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for your advice.

for the record i also own 89-90 OPC and the fluery and leetch rookie cards ain't to shabby either

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12