Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Just wondering......

I looked up 90/91 OPC premier in my beckett price guide.

According to beckett the entire set is worth 12-30 dollars. As I look down the list, I notice that the jaromir jagr individual rookie card is worth 12-30 dollars

what's going on here?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The problem is mass-produced stuff from the 1990s.

How many people would the following statements be true about:

1. Desire to own a set of 1990-91 OPC Premier
    2. Don't already own a set of 1990-91 OPC Premier
    3. Live on planet Earth

Honestly, I can't imagine it's more than a couple of dozen.

I would imagine the reason why the Jagr & the set sell for "about the same" is because if someone is trying to unload a set, others will think "I'll pay you the price of the Jagr, and I can make a bit of profit selling the dozen (or so) cards people actually want, before I burn the rest"

I'm trying to be a little bit funny here, but it's the truth with a set like that. Federov, Jagr, etc: Those cards are easy to move (for cheap) but anyone who wants to own that set, already has it, and if you're trying to unload one.... you're leaving money on the table by trying to sell the complete set, instead of the singles.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Beckett has been cooooookey like that since day 1. I can see that there would be a bit of a bulk discount on singles if purchased together as a set. My rule of thumb was the set was worth all of the listed singles and all of the commons were a free throw in.

That said, I still have seen the Jagr OPC Premier RC cross the table at shows in Alberta for $15-$20 still. One could argue that it is the most desirable card from 1990-91 (other than, maybe, the Brodeur score or the Stanley Cup Hologram)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Beckett has been cooooookey like that since day 1. I can see that there would be a bit of a bulk discount on singles if purchased together as a set. My rule of thumb was the set was worth all of the listed singles and all of the commons were a free throw in.

That said, I still have seen the Jagr OPC Premier RC cross the table at shows in Alberta for $15-$20 still. One could argue that it is the most desirable card from 1990-91 (other than, maybe, the Brodeur score or the Stanley Cup Hologram)

I'd expect to see the Jagr priced in that range at a show.... I'd also expect it to not sell at that price, but that sounds about right for what someone would ask.

But going back on what I said before... I bet if you had 5 Jagr's priced at $15, and one set priced at $25: The Jagrs all sell before the set does.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

ugh my head hurts reading all of this

should i just pull out and sleve the good cards and throw away the rest?

SCF Rewards
    Country

opc premier was petty much the only good thing of that junk era IMO

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

opc premier was petty much the only good thing of that junk era IMO

What about Tiffany cards?

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

who's tiffany?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just a high end set produced by Topps.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-91-BOW...sAAOSwdd5dD9-Y

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

i collected tons of bowman cards in 90-91 (still have them) never heard of bowman tiffany cards.

probably going to throw most of them away soon (keep the good ones)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast