Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Need help with grading

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See egress66's Items on eBay

Need help with grading

Hi everyone. I collected all three major sports in the 90’s and 2000’s and most were SP and SPA and other higher end cards and I think I have some nice cards (Duncan rookies, Jeter rookies, 2009 SPA football signatures, etc) along with a Jordan collection and Ripken Topps rookie set and my question is whether I should bother with getting cards graded or sell as is? I’ve flirted with the idea before and looked into Becket but I didn’t understand what they were saying to do and how the pricing worked. Can anyone share some insights?
    Bennie

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site!

I would say the decision to get them graded would be based on the condition of the cards and what versions of the cards you exactly have. It varies greatly with somebody like Derek Jeter. You can have a rookie worth a couple of dollars versus hundreds so obviously you would be more likely to want to grade the higher valued Jeter versus the lower end one. But like I said the condition is the biggest factor. Any "damage" you can see with the naked eye basically would DQ a lot of those cards from getting graded but if they look perfect many of those would be great conditions for getting them graded. Maybe post some pictures of what you have if you can and get an idea from the veteran graders on here if they would grade the stuff you have or not.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/