Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

2019?20 Absolute; JOY!!!! oops make that sorrow instead

If you have read my threads of 2019/20 basketball you know they have been bad, no make that beyond bad! Outside of the base set of Hoops, which took me four hobby boxes to complete, I have yet to hit any of the better rookies. I am not talking about autographs, beautiful color Prizm cards, I haven't even pulled a stinky base card of the future rookie stars.

Well today I thought it was my day. I got off work early due to the company Christmas party and on the way home stopped by one of the locals. I busted some Upper Deck Hockey series one, a Playoff pack which had a one color swatch auto as the book as the hit. I should have stopped right there but some people never learn. a single white swatch in Playoff should have been a warning.

The owner was holding a beautiful color Prizm Zion, not sure if it was gold or orange that a customer had pulled earlier in the afternoon so I have to try my luck.

I pick out a box of 2019/20 Absolute. As mentioned I had opened this product before and I knew full well that Zion is way SHORT PRINTED! Open the two packs and I see one card is super thick. I know in my earlier breaks those "tools" card can have some great relics. I had pulled some some great looking pieces just the wrong guys in earlier breaks.

I rip into the small thin pack and see R J Barrett! I think it is the auto but sadly it was a single color jjersey card. Well at least a better known rookie and that is an improvement.

I move to the pack that has the super THICK card!

Rip and move the card on top of the thick card!

What do I see??????

YES, YES!!!!!!

Pelicans!!!!!

I put the card on top back in place and move to the top of the card.

SHORT PRINT !!!!!

Yes, numbered to 25 !!!!

Zion is numbered to 25

Pelicans and nmbered to 25

YES, YES< YES< YES!

Let's jump around for this awesome hit!

ZION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOPS, wrong Pelican.

I think with this and based on the amount of money I have dropped on 2019/20 basketball I am done for this year.

Some you win./ Some you lose.
    Last edited by ronfir; 01-05-2020 at 08:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

TOUGH break on that one. While I think the NBA market this year could be hot I still think it is a major major risk because if you don't hit the one guy that everyone has inflated the market for it is going to be brutal. The bubble has been expanding for a lot of these sports and I think the NFL one popped and now the NBA is heading towards one.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Sacramento Kings San Francisco Giants
    See rdaveigajr85's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I had a similar situation last year with a box of 2013-14 Prestige. It was on sale for $59 so thought I'd try for a nice Giannis. I did pull his base RC but when I got to the auto pack.... BUCKS nice turned it over, slid down the card in front slowly, 1/5. Thinking about Giannis /5 Auto Payday, I exposed the card and..... it was John Henson. Who the **** is John Henson.