https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ville-bar.html

Hours after San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback C.J. Beathard learned his younger brother was fatally stabbed, he left town to be with his family and was forced to miss a game Saturday night.

But before he left, the football star gave his head coach Kyle Shanahan one last message: 'You make sure the guys go win this game.'

Clayton Beathard, 22, was stabbed along with Paul Trapeni III, 21, on Saturday shortly before 3am outside The Dogwood Bar in Nashville, Tennessee following an alleged argument over a woman.

On Sunday the San Francisco 49ers shared touching video of Coach Shanahan's heartbreaking speech in the locker room after the team beat the Los Angeles Rams 34-31.

'I didn't know what to say to you guys at the beginning of this day because you guys know what happened last night. Having to go spend an hour with C.J. last night... you guys know how tough this is for him and his family right now,' Shanahan said, his voice quivering with emotion.

'He barely could talk and the last thing he said to me before I walked out the door, he stops me and goes, make sure the guys go win this game.'