Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

As much as I want to go back in time and scoop up all of the HOF'ers and their RC's, all I need is to go back to 2017 and scoop up all of the Mahomes Prizm Silver and Prizm AU's for 1/20 and less of what they are selling for now..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

I can't tell you how much I want to kick myself for not holding on to boxes of these when I got them from the Price Club for $12 a box.

All in all I must have bought probably 25 boxes of this stuff.

Also 89-90 Fleer Basketball. I remember putting together about 15 sets from the boxes I bought.

Hindsight

If I could go back, I would choose to buy a box of 1982 Topps for football, and a box of 88-89 Fleer Basketball (Jordan 2nd year).

I remember back in the 80's buying 80-81 Topps packs from a card shop about 25 minutes from me. They were $5 a pack. I also remember buying a box of 1984 Topps Football for $20 a box.

Good memories!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See gpachl's Items on eBay

1980 Topps. Either year before or later was much higher in value, but that is the year that I got into football card collecting. My parents even bought a box or two from a candy distributor friend that they had, which meant a lot because we didn't have a lot of money. A pack of cards would be my payment for chores and stuff. Would always treasure the walk home from grade school and go into the convenience store that was on the way home and fawn over the packs until I had the quarter it took to buy one. Made card holders out of the old half gallon milk boxes. Cut off one side and stapled the top. The cards fit perfect. Remember the last card of the set to get took me awhile, it was a Dolphin - #221 - Tim Foley. Still the most beat up card of the lot. Would do it all over again (sigh).
    Check my SCF inventory for inserts /parallels /autographs /game used & relics /rookies.
    Emmitt Hidden Content . -My Emmitt Smith card count: 6,432 different cards as of 1/3/2023. (#ed=2,796, gu/relic=847, autos=198, 1 of 1's=81)
    Cowboys PC (not including Emmitts): 11,455 cards (6,955 different base, 4,500 insert/parallels/autographs/games used/etc.)
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

'85 for Randall Cunningham rc

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

You didn't say football, baseball or basketball. I would get a box of 1986 Fleer basketball and hopefully pull some Jordan's!
    Super Collecting Brandon Marshall, Greg Salas, Mike Davis. Collecting Roy Williams WR, Ottis Anderson, Mike Alstott.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

52 for the mantle
    2011 Panam City Florida Flea Market where a vendor was trying to push two trout rookies on me for 25.00 or three for 35 its one of them days that will haunt me forever
    68 for the ryan rookie

SCF Rewards
    Country

'85 for Randall Cunningham rc

Randall was great QB, but you won't find him in an '85 box. His RC is in 1987 Topps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12