Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those Chronology Blues nameplates will look awesome! ^
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Biggest goal for me, continue to chip away at my all-time Oilers autograph collection:

From 79-80 through the end of the 14-15 season, I'm missing two emergency backups. (509/511)
    From 15-16 and onward, I'm still missing quite a few - but that's more about opportunity (or lack there of) and waiting to get the cards I want (currently have 55/65 from those years)

I've been working getting signatures from coaches & management type people too. Have a decent sized list there I'm still working on.

Also been chipping away at WHA era players. Only started doing that in 2017.... of WHA era Oilers, who never played in the NHL for the Oilers, I have 68/125 right now.

Next up? Ranford stuff. Would like to add to the collection, where I can. I think every year I say "I want to add at least one OLDER issue". For me, that means 2015 or older.

From 2015 or older, my want list is currently sitting at 12 (that's the non- 1/1s), and it's been stuck there for a couple of years. I just won an eBay auction for one of them.... so yeah, I'd love to pick up one of the 11 cards I'm missing from those years.

Fun to go back and look at what the goals were for the past year, and did I actually do it?

I'm still missing those same two emergency backups.
    Of the 10 players from 15-16 & onward I was missing... I now need 13. I did pick up some of the 10, but the list also grew. I've already picked up most of the new players (Barrie, etc). As the season goes on (rookies, trades, etc) this list could grow again.

WHA era players: I had 68/125 at the time of writing. I did okay here - I now have 85/125, with some of the missing ones out as TTM requests right now.

Older Ranford cards? Nope. I picked up new stuff this year, but I did not get a single card that was older than 2018-19.

If was to name my goals again this year - They'd be the same. I want to chip away at the WHA guys (see if I can break 100), pick up the missing NHL names (13 isn't a lot), and add at least one older Ranford card I need.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Keep downsizing, add at least 1-2 more Gorges needs, hope for another Homebase event, add some more autographed pucks.

1. Sorta
    2. Would you believe EIGHT (8) 1/1's and a couple additional HG acquisitions?
    3. COVID can eat a bag of stale potato chips.
    4. Definitely did this.

Bonus: got more into Team Canada than I have in previous years. This will be an ongoing trend.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Saw this one up in the baseball forums, so I just knew i had to post one of these threads here in the hockey section.

So what are your collecting and/or hobby related goals for 2020?

Here's mine:

1) Reach 500 total cards for my Jhonas Enroth collection. I'm currently at 477 (with duplicates included) and I hope to reach this milestone as soon as I can.

2) Get up to 20 cards for my Upper Deck 300 Win Club set. I have 16 from this set, but I feel this one will be a little tough at the prices I'm looking for.

3) Have fun. It sounds cliche, but a hobby isn't a hobby unless there is some fun involved.

So what are your hobby-related goals for 2020?

So, I crushed these. Just hit card number 550 in the Jhonas Enroth collection in total this week. For my Win Club memorabilia set, I will be at 29 cards shortly. Hoping I can cross off at least 1 more 300 Win Club card off the wantlist this year in 2021.

As for my main Enroth collection, I would like to reach a total number of 600 cards in my Jhonas Enroth collection by the end of 2021.

Since new cards of Enroth has pretty much stopped, this will be downright impossible, unless I just start hoarding duplicates, haha. So while I'll try to go after the "meaningful" duplicate cards like swatch duplicates, Jersey numbered cards, etc, we'll see what happens. Also... I am not opposed to recieiving random duplicate cards from people to help the cause haha. That's where the majority of my duplicate cards from my Enroth PC have come from anways over the years.

All the best in 2021, everyone!

Happy Collecting
    Last edited by creasecollector; 01-05-2021 at 07:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My goals:

1. Spend way, way less on cards in 2020.
    2. No more wax, my wax purchases have steadily declined but I just can't justify buying boxes anymore.
    3. Start selling/trading. Never really have, but have plenty of cards with value so I want to make an effort to start moving some.
    4. Continue on my Forsberg PC, down to 968 on my want list.

It is pretty cool to go back and look at our 2020 goals. I think I did ok.

1. Spend way less on cards, well that didn't happen. I certainly tried, but some 70's OPC and WHA sets came along I couldn't pass up, and the usual Forsberg adds didn't help. But I did actually a little less overall.
    2. Spent way less on wax, didn't stop entirely but likely spent about 75% less on boxes.
    3. Didn't do any selling, have a list of cards I think would move well, but COVID made work extremely busy, and I didn't want to trust the mail system. Also did a couple small trades this year, trading didn't worked out as I had hoped it would.
    4. I did knock down my Forsberg want list by 90 cards, down to 878, and actually added 224 cards to my Forsberg PC to take it over 1,500 (1,508 total now).

So yah, I think I did ok! Goals for 2021 will be pretty much the same.
    Last edited by scarrman; 01-06-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234