Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

On Hobby Insider they are Banning Members for life for this!! Hmmmmmm, some food for thought.....

I confirm this is true.

Anyone running a card show last weekend or until Health Canada advises it is safe to do so is no longer welcome on HI.

As posted there:

For all that is holy, every citizen needs to put society ahead of themselves and do your duty to help flatten the curve. If you don't know what that means, go on google, you are bound to find it.

Anyone who promotes, organizes, or attends a card show this weekend will be permanently banned from HI if I find out about it. If that is all our members, I will shut it down altogether.

Time for selfless acts and social distancing people. This will not last forever, likely not even until end of month so for goodness sake take actions that will save lives of people you have not even had the privilege of meeting and 100% eliminate the possibility of being infected or infecting others!!!

If you need to get out in public for essentials, of course take the recommended precautions and go get the stuff you need.

Attending a card show IS NOT AN ESSENTIAL! If it is true that the Toronto Card Show is on today, someone please PM me who the promoters are of this show and they will be banned from HI if they are members. No place here for selfishness like that.

Peace and health to everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did you seriously have a card show this weekend? This is just plain selfish!! & anyone who went to it needs they're heads examined. Do you realize how many people you put at risk? Just plain selfish, just to make a Buck!!

Honestly can't believe this show happen. Pretty disgusting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did you seriously have a card show this weekend? This is just plain selfish!! & anyone who went to it needs they're heads examined. Do you realize how many people you put at risk? Just plain selfish, just to make a Buck!!

Post #24 says it was cancelled......

But I guess people just like to act outraged on the internet more than they do reading
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its confirmed that there was in fact a show this weekend in Toronto, it was not cancelled
    Reading the comments i dont see outrage just concerned people & rightfully so
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 03-16-2020 at 09:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

But I guess people just like to act outraged on the internet more than they do reading

Sorry didn't put down the site. Was referring to Toronto not Newmarket (which was cancelled).

So I guess I can read but not type.
    Last edited by babying; 03-16-2020 at 10:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

James is talking about the Toronto card show, I'm pretty sure post 24 refers to Newmarket.

No need to insult him when he's correct.
    Last edited by Craig2; 03-16-2020 at 10:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People have a right to be concerned. For people with Health issues this is not good. From what i understand there are some people who are just carriers of this Virus & some people show no symptoms whatsoever but have it. Its just about being careful & mass gatherings are a big concern.
    Card Grading Company KSA showed up at this event!! For some its all about the mighty dollar!!

How about these guys stocking up on products for monetary gain. Making money off others misery, thats a cause for outrage..

SCF Rewards
    Country

People have a right to be concerned. For people with Health issues this is not good. From what i understand there are some people who are just carriers of this Virus & some people show no symptoms whatsoever but have it. Its just about being careful & mass gatherings are a big concern.
    Card Grading Company KSA showed up at this event!! For some its all about the mighty dollar!!

How about these guys stocking up on products for monetary gain. Making money off others misery, thats a cause for outrage..

Very true. However that guy trying to sell it on Amazon was shot down. Eventually he donated it.

You have a chance to do the right thing and didn't.

Let's see if the Expo does follow suit instead of sending out an email saying that they are ON.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankrock's Items on eBay

Before I share some positive news, I want to acknowledge some concerns that a few have expressed above.

When we were making a decision as to whether the show would go on, we knew already that it wouldn't be a large public gathering and that preventative measures would be taken. Although I understand it may be natural to envision the show taking place as being the same size and scale as usual, we knew that just wasn't reality. We knew in advance that it would be small and a very controlled environment. We also knew in advance that it wouldn't be profitable, not that that should be relevant.

Anyone that wished to participate was in a safer environment than had they been at any store, cafe or restaurant on March 15th. In fact, they were in a safer environment than most places were even weeks later.

• First, we surveyed all vendors to see what the general consensus was. It was a collaborative effort and anyone who didn't wish to participate was without any risk and their payment was deferred to a future show
    • We have the luxury of being able to hold our show in a brew house which by its very nature already has a higher level of disinfection
    • The venue also assured us that deep cleaning techniques would take place prior
    • Tables and chairs were disinfected in the morning (and further disinfected after)
    • Since it's a large venue and we had a lot less tables, it was very easy to space things out to maximize physical distancing
    • Even though we knew that at any one time and over the course of time there would be less than 250 people, we were prepared to limit the amount of people to 50 (though this did not become necessary)
    • Perhaps the best part is that even though we had hand sanitizer at the entrance, EVERYONE was gracious enough to go wash their hands before returning to enter the show. Not a single person took issue with doing so. It was very comforting to see people - vendors, collectors, and venue staff - working together to make it a safe and enjoyable time

It was a safe environment. It's not what you do in so much as how you do it and for that we can be proud. And we appreciate all the support we've received.

Now we would like to invite you to Toronto Card Show (AT HOME) on May 31st. It won't be anything like our regular shows but a few of our vendors will be online to buy, sell and trade with you! We thought this would be something FUN. :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234