Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

19/20 Absolute and Prizm hobby: I see RED!

Stopped by the local yesterday and busted a couple boxes of Upper Deck hockey series one and hit two Jack Hughes Young Guns and an YG Exclusive of Poehling so I was feeling lucky.

Broke a box of Hoops and hit a Quentin Richardson auto and Spurs rookie Luka Samanic, but then this is a cheaper product.

Moved on to 2019/20 Absolute and thought I would try a box and ended up breaking two.

Box one had a PJ Tucker auto numbered to 10

and

Plus

Box two

Okay those are nice looking cards but I was hoping for more.

Price has gone through the roof but I tried a box of hobby Prizm. I had busted some earlier and got NOTHING, not even base cards of any of the better rookies. Would this be different?

Box
    Pack one JA base, good start
    Pack two RJ Barrett base good continues

Pack three

Really pleased with the Culver. We have friends and their 15 year old grandson lives in Lubbock who is fighting Leukemia and Culver called him at the hospital last week to encourage him as he goes through chemo treatments. I thought that was total CLASS on Culver's part.

So at this point I think this is a very good box.

Couple packs later

Okay I found the box with the bigger rookies that I had missed before. I now have a Zion base card!

Next pack

That has to be it, both autos and base rookies some nice silvers and a few colors but nobody huge.

Last two packs from the box:

AND

Could not believe my luck!

Simply some days at the card shop are better than others and GREAT way to start 2020.
    Last edited by ronfir; 01-03-2020 at 11:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Dang! Nice hits!

True story - Jack & Quinn Hughes are my best friend's first cousins once removed (his first cousin's kids).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dang! Nice hits!

True story - Jack & Quinn Hughes are my best friend's first cousins once removed (his first cousin's kids).

That is cool!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah - they were in NYC over the holidays and went to a Devils game, and have a bunch of photos with him either before or after. Pretty crazy to have one kid make it, let alone brothers (plus the third kid's supposed to be good also).

How much do those Young Guns go for? Are they hard to pull? I may want to pick one up just because I'm like two degrees separated from him LOL.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Some very nice pulls there!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah - they were in NYC over the holidays and went to a Devils game, and have a bunch of photos with him either before or after. Pretty crazy to have one kid make it, let alone brothers (plus the third kid's supposed to be good also).

How much do those Young Guns go for? Are they hard to pull? I may want to pick one up just because I'm like two degrees separated from him LOL.

You can get Jack YG for from $40.00 to $50.00 and Quinn goes for about $30.00 to $35.00

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can get Jack YG for from $40.00 to $50.00 and Quinn goes for about $30.00 to $35.00

Yikes! They're just base rookies and they go for that much (I know nothing about hockey cards)?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yikes! They're just base rookies and they go for that much (I know nothing about hockey cards)?

The Upper Deck Young Guns rookie cards are some of the most popular hockey rookie cards maybe just behind two much higher priced products, SP Authentic and the Cup.

On the Young Guns you have the base rookie card, an exclusive numbered to 100, a Hi Gloss numbered to 10, and then an acetate Clear Cut rookie. The Hi Gloss and Clear Cut can cost you hundreds of dollars.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

Cool cards, and nice to hear about Culver calling to offer encouragement. Love to hear athletes using their influence to spread hope and optimism!