Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Update - January 4, 2020 (Post Bills Season Edition)

Members -

I have a few things that I would like to address about the direction for SCF in 2020.

1) Overall traffic - up 90% since August!!!

Something that most people don't see everyday is the amount of traffic that occurs on SCF on a regular basis. If you recall, in August it was announced that the site was converting to be mobile responsive. Since this point, the amount of overall traffic visiting SCF is up 90% from the same period last year! For those of you that have taken advantage of using your mobile/tablet device to use SCF and the tools offered, thank you! If you have not, I highly encourage you to do so! The forums, the Inventory Manager as well as the Through the Mail Manager is all available on any device!

I will be working on some tutorials if you assistance is needed on navigating areas of SCF. Please be patient with me while these are built out.

2) Streamline some of the Forums

Over the next couple of weeks, we will be starting the process of streamlining some of the forums (and the depth from the top level) to find items. The first set of forums that will be retired are the set building forums in each of the individual sports. No thread will be deleted/archived; rather moving the threads from the Set Building area to the Trading section. I do plan to add the Thread Prefix of Set Building to those threads.

3) SCF Breaks

If you have not seen, @doniceage has been hosting a number of group/case breaks recently, including a case break for the forthcoming release from Presidents Choice of Solitaire. All of the cards in that product will be 1/1 cards

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...-BEEN-ORDERED)

Attachment 179874

I am also talking with Chris (user @NiagSportsCards) from Niagara Sports Cards locally where I live outside of Buffalo about having joint SCF/NSC group case breaks. While nothing is formalized at this point, we have talked about the 1st break potentially being Topps Baseball Series 1. In addition, the livestream from Steel City will continue to run on the Forum Home page when they are conducting breaks. The exceptions will be NSC/SCF breaks or someone from SCF is live-streaming.

4) Follow SCF on the Social Platforms!

Please take a moment to follow SCF on the following

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/sportscardforum/

Twitter - http://twitter.com/scfnews

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/Sportscardforum

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/sportscardforum/

I ask this because we will be starting an SCF Player of the Day social media campaign in 2020 with information about the player, their cards listed in the Inventory Manager as well as how to find information on how to send out for autographs. One of the major enhancements that @CoolHandLuke worked on in 2019 was a Player Page

Please take a moment to see the layout here (Carey Price Sample Page). There will be additional changes as time goes on. On the left side, there will be a Player Checklist option. If you want to see the number of cards your favorite player has, go check this out today.

5) Graphics updates wanted!

So, if you are good with graphic arts and want to assist SCF - I am going to be looking to have some work to the done in 2020. Some of the work will be banner promotions about what is happening on the site, some will be graphic headers, a new favicon (used by the browsers) etc. However, I would like to see a sample of your work that you do.

If you are interested, please have a look at the following

Attachment 179876

This is the current image that is on the TTM front landing page. I would like a new image to replace this one. This image is 751x216 - not the best for the mobile experience... so I would like to have a landing page image that reflects the TTM.

If you believe, you can help, please PM me with a sample of your original work. There are a good number of graphics that need some love on SCF and could be a good resume builder for you if you are pursuing work in this area.

6) New SCF Streak Contest!!

One of the more popular daily activities that we had on SCF was the SCF Streak Contest. However, the way it was structured was simply not manageable. This was something started by @andrewhoya, then taken over by @ravens_creed and helped by a number of folks. Additionally, the criteria to "win" the contest was just not feasible. So, it was suspended.

I am happy to announce that starting RIGHT NOW, the Streak is coming back. We will be using ESPN's Platform for this contest and it will be a monthly contest starting in February!! There will be a Contest thread in the Contest forum. Some months, it might be a Card, some months it might be Sponsored and the sponsor will provide the prize.

... and being that its on ESPN's platform, you'll be eligible for the ESPN prizes as well!

If you want to join the SCF Group, please click on the following link. Thanks to @cardbuyer66 for working with me to get this setup.

Rules and criteria will be posted on the Content forum, this is to be served as an announcement for it's return starting next month.

7) Hosting of Images!
    Over the last year or more, people constantly talking about photobucket and either being unusable and/or having to pay to use the service. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT!!!!

There are so many other options you can use to load pictures onto posts.

Option 1 - At the bottom of a New Post text window, you should see in Orange "CLICK HERE TO ADD PHOTOS TO POST". This will direct you to postimage.cc. You can post images as a member OR anonymously!! Please see this post from October, 2018.

Option 2 - In a new post, you can use the Insert Image option OR the Attachments option on the top bar. This will take the image and store it locally on SCF! There is a file size limit that needs to be adhered to. Images uploaded to SCF will remain for up to 24 months. After 24 months, those images can be subject to purging

Option 3 - For those that want to catalog there individual cards, you can use the Inventory Manager to do this!

Option 4 - SCF Albums - Found here

I highlight these 4 options that are available just on SCF alone. There truly is no need for you to go out and pay for a 3rd party service!

8) Support SCF!

If you enjoy SCF, there are a number of ways that you can help.

1) VIP Membership (for yourself OR a friend)

2) Start your eBay Search from SCF using the eBay Search tool

3) Spread the word about SCF at Local shows / post information about your local shows onto the Card Show Calendar!

Lastly, for those in the Buffalo Area, I will be at the Buffalo Sportscard Convention next Saturday. I will be there with quarter boxes mainly. If you want to come out and have a chat with me, cool - someone needs to bring a Double/Double though

I wish you all a great 2020. Thanks for reading this.

Scott

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Texas Longhorns

Tried to join the ESPN Streak group, but a password is required. What's the password? Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

Looking good, Scoot. Where is this convention? Been a minute since I went to a show.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Yeah - password is

Show is at the Polish falcons in depew. Information is in the show calendar.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Marking for later reference.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See squarefootcards's Items on eBay

thanks for all you do . TooTalltoma

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions
    See Michiganmax41's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Thanks for the update and have fun at the Depew show.
    Need , newer Detroit players ( Herndon Hooker, Amon-ra St. Brown, Larkin, Husso, Bergren, Simon Edvinsson # 563 sps, Soderblom, Sam Laporta, Akil Badoo, Javier Baez,Cunningham) Hidden Content
    FB list: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great information Scott. Thanks for all the exciting changes/improvements to the site.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See football-4ever's Items on eBay

Thanks Scott: you should be as proud of this SCF site , as I am proud to be a member. Congrats on being #1 ......
    WE COLLECT : CONNOR MCDAVID --- NATHAN MACKINNON -- ERIK KARLSSON -- CAREY PRICE --- BRADY TKACHUK -- AUSTIN MATTHEWS -- THOMAS CHABOT --JACK EICHEL