Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Anaheim Ducks
    See dafoefan34's Items on eBay

Cool Mission Accomplished: 2015-16 SP Authentic Future Watch Auto Limited Set (57/57)

It is finally complete.

Thanks to some Christmas eBay Gift Cards, I was able to acquire a Jack Eichel FWAP with a really nice swatch to finish my 2015-16 SP Authentic Future Watch Auto Limited set. It took nearly three years to complete the set, as I attempted to complete it on a reasonable budget. I mainly targeted auctions and reasonably priced BIN listings. Fortunately, I pulled the McDavid FWAP in my first of six boxes so that helped keep the price of acquisition to a very reasonable level. Since my last update, I upgraded the Jared McCann FWAP with a much nicer swatch.

Page1.jpg
    Page2.jpg
    Page3.jpg
    Page4.jpg
    Page5.jpg
    Page6.jpg
    Page7.jpg

Hardest to Find: Radek Faksa (AINEC) - As far as I can remember, only one has hit eBay since I started chasing the set and it is the one in my collection. I put in a crazy high snipe ($175) and it ended for like $10 - I was desperate and thrilled to land that card. Runner up to Goldobin & Stolarz because it seemed like all available swatches were single color.

Favorite Swatches: McDavid, Rantanen, Bennett

Looking to Upgrade: Anthanasiou, Petan, Shinkaruk, Larkin

As much as I love this set, there are three aspects that annoy me: (1) it's a shame some bigger names were left out of the set like Matt Murray, Connor Hellebuyck & Max Domi, (2) Upper Deck did a poor job job cutting these cards, it seems like most of them are way off center & (3) twelve cards don't feature a patch.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I didn't know you collected anything else but Dafoe.

Awesome set completion! I bet there aren't a lot of these complete sets out there. Glad you managed to pull that McDavid right away. Looks incredible all together like that. Job well done!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Congrats on your set completion, some very nice cards!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Awesome set.

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

That is a beautiful group of cards, congrats on finishing it and thanks for sharing!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Dallas Cowboys Toronto Raptors
    Twitter: @@SCardCollective See SportsCardCollective's Items on eBay Instagram:

congratulations on your completion of this set, Awesome Set!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

It's a super sweet set. The FWAP are among my favorite cards every year since 02-03.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Anaheim Ducks
    See dafoefan34's Items on eBay

I didn't know you collected anything else but Dafoe.

Awesome set completion! I bet there aren't a lot of these complete sets out there. Glad you managed to pull that McDavid right away. Looks incredible all together like that. Job well done!

Ya know, I wouldn't normally tackle a project of this magnitude and never had until 15-16 SPA, but with the McDavid patch it made sense to give it a try. I've always marvelled at the SPA setbuilders going all the way back to 03-04, so I figuered I should give it a try since I'm now in a position to make it happen.

I just have a few more subsets to knock out from 15-16 SPA: Global Chirography (need 13), Scripted Stoppers (need 2), Great White North Autos (need 2), SP Retro Autos (need 8).
    Last edited by dafoefan34; 01-08-2020 at 06:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

That set looks amazing! Well done!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See J-po777's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Member is PayPal Verified

Congratulations! What a sharp looking set.