Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Incorrect Leaf card

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Incorrect Leaf card

Well, this is interesting...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2019-20-Leaf...3b4a%7Ciid%3A1

I'm curious if Gregg from Leaf could chime in on this. The Patrick Roy patch in this card is incorrect for the time period. That appears to be a patch from the Canadiens logo, and it is not the material Habs logos were made from when he played for them. I'm 100% certain of this. What is it actually from?

@LeafGregg
    Last edited by subban7677; 01-10-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Could you find any other recent Leaf cards with Roy and Montreal memorabilia? Could shine some light on what jersey this is if there are more pieces to look at. Did he play any somewhat recent alumni games with the Habs maybe? Not sure.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Could you find any other recent Leaf cards with Roy and Montreal memorabilia? Could shine some light on what jersey this is if there are more pieces to look at. Did he play any somewhat recent alumni games with the Habs maybe? Not sure.

Here's an example of what would be correct for the time period. I will admit, it is a little hard to tell the difference in the scan.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Patrick-Roy-...oAAOSwZtlaBQJt

Here's a non-Leaf,non- Patrick Roy correct example of what the correct logo looks like to give you an idea...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2017-18-The-...EAAOSwzkldzyxO

The only alumni event I can think of that Patrick Roy would have taken part in is the legends warm-up in the centennial celebration game in the 08-09 season., or the jersey he wore at his number retirement. I doubt Leaf has either of those.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

maybe @LeafGregg could shed some light on this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure what you mean by Material. The jersey we used was from the 91-92 season with the 75th anniversary patch. They wore a few versions that year(turn back the clock and basic) the material is consistent with others from that year we have of other players. If there was a mix up The only other Montréal player was Price if that card mistakenly has. Price and the Price has a Roy, but I don’t think so.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Not sure what you mean by Material. The jersey we used was from the 91-92 season with the 75th anniversary patch. They wore a few versions that year(turn back the clock and basic) the material is consistent with others from that year we have of other players. If there was a mix up The only other Montréal player was Price if that card mistakenly has. Price and the Price has a Roy, but I don’t think so.

By "material", I meant what the logo was made of. That type of material was not used in the 91-92 season, it is far newer than that. I am 100% certain of this. They started making the logo like that in either the 96-97 or 97-98 season (it was the same year they switched from the two-colour numbers to the 3-colour numbers on their white jerseys). If the only explanation is that it is a Carey Price, then that must be what happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok understand what you mean by material. I’ll try and get more info

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Here's a great example that illustrates the difference perfectly.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Patrick-ROY-...R/333390418625