Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

IP-Chicago and burbs:arfmax:2020

Started 2020 with a G League game 04-Jan-2020 between the Windy City Bulls and the Westchester Knicks. Didn't need anyone on the Bulls (Chandler Hutchinson and Cristiano Feliciano had been sent down and recalled the day before), so I stayed on the Knicks side. I was able to get two autographs on cards from former Grizzlies draft pick Ivan Rabb.

Photo of the signed Rabb cards:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2020: 2
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great start to the 2020 season!!!

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

14-Jan-2020

Tuesday evening, I went to a library in Crystal Lake, IL for an appearance by Chicago Wolves (Las Vegas Knights AHL affiliate) rookie Ben Jones. Ben is in his 1st year with the Wolves, and he answered questions and signed autographs. I got two cards signed, for free.

Photo of the Ben Jones autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2020: 4

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

26-Jan-2020

Yesterday was Brewers on Deck, the annual Milwaukee Brewers 1-day Fan Fest in Milwaukee, WI. I recently moved so I am a bit further away, so I ended up staying overnight in a hotel, and then attended all day Sunday. The event has 6 stages which have 3-4 players who sign 250 items for $10 or $25, which goes to Brewers charities. This is usually any player who played on the major league roster in 2019. Then, there is a Bonus Stage, aka the free stage, with younger players, offseason signings, etc. The Brewers announced who would be there and the schedule on Tuesday 21-Jan-2020, so you have to get stuff ready in advance without knowing everyone who will be there. This year, the Bonus Stage had 10 different players, in two man shifts, ever 1/2 hour for the day. This meant that the same players rotated through up to 3 times, so if you got them at the beginning, you could skip them later.

So, the free stage had Brewers offseason pitcher signing, Ray Black, pitching prospect J.P. Feyereisen, catching prospect David Freitas, infield prospect Mark Mathias, outfield prospect Corey Ray, pitching prospect Trey Supak, outfield prospect Tyrone Taylor, offseason pitching acquisition Bobby Wahl, pitching prospect Devin Williams, and pitching prospect Eric Yardley. They also on the day of added pitching prospect Angel Perdomo, who was originally scheduled to be on a $10 stage.

I was able to get 2 cards signed by Ray Black, 1 generic Miller Park card and 1 jersey promo 6"x7.5" signed by J.P. Feyereisen, 1 card and 1 jersey promo by David Freitas, 2 cards and a jersey promo signed by Mark Mathias, 4 cards signed by Corey Ray, 5 cards signed by Trey Supak, 1 card signed by Tyrone Taylor, 1 card signed by Angel Perdomo, 2 cards signed by Bobby Wahl, 2 cards signed by Devin Williams, and 1 card and 1 jersey promo card signed by Eric Yardley.

I then went to one of the paid stages, and was able to get 2 $10 tickets for offseason acquisition Avisail Garcia. I had him sign a card and a ball (the ball may be upside down, I honestly can't decipher the signature). I then went to a different stage, and got a $10 ticket for offseason acquisition Ryon Healy, who I had sign one rookie card.

Finally, there were 4 players that were only signing free autographs in the kids area, which was on a different floor of the convention center, and no adults were supposed to get autographs. This was Justin Smoak, Brent Suter, Eric Sogard, and Ronny Rodriguez. Since the day was ending, I went down to that area, and Ronny Rodriguez was signing for the kids, and there weren't many kids left. I waited until all the kids were done, and then he signed 1 card for me. I don't mind a kids-only area, but these 4 players were not signing on any paid stages or the Bonus Stage, which does bug me. I wanted to get Justin Smoak, but oh well.

At the end of the day, I got 30 autographs.

Picture of the position players autos:

Picture of the pitchers autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2020: 34

SCF Rewards
    Country

nicely done!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday was Brewers on Deck, the annual Milwaukee Brewers 1-day Fan Fest in Milwaukee, WI. I recently moved so I am a bit further away, so I ended up staying overnight in a hotel, and then attended all day Sunday. The event has 6 stages which have 3-4 players who sign 250 items for $10 or $25, which goes to Brewers charities. This is usually any player who played on the major league roster in 2019. Then, there is a Bonus Stage, aka the free stage, with younger players, offseason signings, etc. The Brewers announced who would be there and the schedule on Tuesday 21-Jan-2020, so you have to get stuff ready in advance without knowing everyone who will be there. This year, the Bonus Stage had 10 different players, in two man shifts, ever 1/2 hour for the day. This meant that the same players rotated through up to 3 times, so if you got them at the beginning, you could skip them later.

So, the free stage had Brewers offseason pitcher signing, Ray Black, pitching prospect J.P. Feyereisen, catching prospect David Freitas, infield prospect Mark Mathias, outfield prospect Corey Ray, pitching prospect Trey Supak, outfield prospect Tyrone Taylor, offseason pitching acquisition Bobby Wahl, pitching prospect Devin Williams, and pitching prospect Eric Yardley. They also on the day of added pitching prospect Angel Perdomo, who was originally scheduled to be on a $10 stage.

I was able to get 2 cards signed by Ray Black, 1 generic Miller Park card and 1 jersey promo 6"x7.5" signed by J.P. Feyereisen, 1 card and 1 jersey promo by David Freitas, 2 cards and a jersey promo signed by Mark Mathias, 4 cards signed by Corey Ray, 5 cards signed by Trey Supak, 1 card signed by Tyrone Taylor, 1 card signed by Angel Perdomo, 2 cards signed by Bobby Wahl, 2 cards signed by Devin Williams, and 1 card and 1 jersey promo card signed by Eric Yardley.

I then went to one of the paid stages, and was able to get 2 $10 tickets for offseason acquisition Avisail Garcia. I had him sign a card and a ball (the ball may be upside down, I honestly can't decipher the signature). I then went to a different stage, and got a $10 ticket for offseason acquisition Ryon Healy, who I had sign one rookie card.

Finally, there were 4 players that were only signing free autographs in the kids area, which was on a different floor of the convention center, and no adults were supposed to get autographs. This was Justin Smoak, Brent Suter, Eric Sogard, and Ronny Rodriguez. Since the day was ending, I went down to that area, and Ronny Rodriguez was signing for the kids, and there weren't many kids left. I waited until all the kids were done, and then he signed 1 card for me. I don't mind a kids-only area, but these 4 players were not signing on any paid stages or the Bonus Stage, which does bug me. I wanted to get Justin Smoak, but oh well.

At the end of the day, I got 30 autographs.

Picture of the position players autos:

Picture of the pitchers autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2020: 34

I love the cutout jerseys! my friend went to Brewers on Deck and got a couple. I wish I could figure out how they make them that would be really cool to get auto'd and display them
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 01-31-2020 at 01:25 AM.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love the cutout jerseys! my friend went to Brewers on Deck and got a couple. I wish I could figure out how they make them that would be really cool to get auto'd and display them

I liked last year's color action photos better. Even when they did the 5x7's a few years ago, it had the player face. This seems like they didn't try very hard, but that's just my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I liked last year's color action photos better. Even when they did the 5x7's a few years ago, it had the player face. This seems like they didn't try very hard, but that's just my opinion.

yeah I understand what you are saying for something like a team sanctioned event you would like a little more effort to them.

I think someone could get really creative displaying them. like a ring of honor type thing. I'd like to figure out how to make some NFL ones.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

06-Feb-2020

This evening, I went to an appearance at a luxury auto dealer in Glenview, IL by 2-time Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks left wing Andrew Shaw. Mr. Shaw signed two different Stanley Cup Champions cards for me, for free.

Photo of the Shaw autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2020: 36

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

09-Feb-2020

The Chicago Auto Show started this weekend, and runs for about 10 days. On the weekends, they have appearances by various athletes, however, the quality and number of athletes appearing seem to be diminishing each year. I entered a contest on Twitter from the Chicago Wolves, and won tickets to the show. They were promoting the appearance on Sunday of goalie Garret Sparks and Skates. So, today, I went to the show, and got two cards signed, and one promo 6x7.5" photo signed by former Chicago Blackhawk Dave Bolland, and got one promo 5x7 signed by race car driver Mark Wilkins, and 4 cards signed and 1 promo 8.5x11" signed by former Toronto Maple Leafs and current Chicago Wolves goalie Garret Sparks. I missed out on Horace Grant, who was originally announced as being there today, but was taken off the list earlier this week. I forgot he was supposed to be there today, and even though he wasn't on the list of attendees, he was there signing autographs as well, but I didn't bring anything.

Photo of the Bolland/Wilkins autos:

Photo of the Garret Sparks autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2020: 45

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast