Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Making Upper Deck Series 1 Sets. How do you do it?

Hey Guys,

Sitting down in my man cave this evening putting away all my base from my 5 hobby boxes of UDS1 and various walmart boxes. I'm using a card tray to organize into a set. I was wondering how you all do it. Thought I'd take a pic of my workstation. Also wondered what you do if you do make a full set of base. Do you flip on EBAY? I have a little boy on my daughters Peewee BB team that loves hockey cards. I'll probably donate a set to him. He LOVES them. haha.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Nice card station. Looks like fun!

And I've never built a UD S1/2 set, but I would look on COMC to see if you can track some of those needs down for cheap. Plus they'll all be shipped to you in one go which is nice.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

I am sure if you post here in the trading forum you will be able to find everything you need, there may not be a lot of posts looking to trade base, but there will be lots of members sitting on base they would love to get rid of.

Giving a set to the little boy on your daughter's hockey team is an amazing idea!!!!!!!!!!
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

I put the base cards into stacks 1-10, 11-20, and so forth. It forces me to take a little bit of time to inspect the cards, so I don't miss any inserts/variations. After that's done, I hand collate as many base set as I need. Having them in the smaller stacks makes it a lot easier. Do my best to put the inserts into their own stacks too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool idea's

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I used to build these sets..... have not done one in a few years though.

I was never interested in anything other than a complete set (base + YGs). The last few years I did these sets.... 2013, 14, 15.... I'd wait until Walmart had the blasters on sale, and buy 10-25 of them (depending on the YG crop).

That would be more than enough to complete a base set, and complete the majority of the YGs, with doubles. I'd then use forms like SCF to swap my extra YGs, inserts, & jerseys for the YGs I was missing. Might have to buy the last few.... I'd litterly throw the extra base in the garbage.

If I was doing this set today: I'd basically do the same thing, except I'd most likely break far fewer of the Walmart blasters, and just pick up the bulk of the YGs on COMC.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Anaheim Ducks
    See dafoefan34's Items on eBay

I pretty much follow this. First i sort by hundreds (1-99, 100-199, etc.), then by tens (1-9, 10-19). Once all the cards are sorted, I build the set.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I pretty much follow this. First i sort by hundreds (1-99, 100-199, etc.), then by tens (1-9, 10-19). Once all the cards are sorted, I build the set.

That's my system too.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content