Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @@DeLongShotSigs Instagram:

2020 Spring Training Questions for a newbie

This will be my first year really trying out sending Spring Training (I sent 2 requests last year and got one back). Been trying to read old forums and other websites to get ideas and how make the fewest mistakes this first time, but I had a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me. I'm sending out quite a bit so I want to make sure I don't make a major mistake for some teams.

1.) Where do I send for the Pirates? I've seen some people say Pirates City is where you should send, but I've seen quite a few returns from LECOM Park. Being from central Indiana, there's a lot of players in the 2019 Topps set who I got to watch in person and now have a rookie card, so I'm sending quite a few to the Pirates to get those cards signed in case they don't return to AAA this year.

2.) Where do you send for the Reds/Indians? I've seen the Development Complex address for the Reds, so that's what I've used as the address for those requests. Do the Indians accept fan mail via Goodyear Ballpark or do they also have a Development Complex that I need to send to?

3.) Do players change signing habits when going to teams that typically have a high success rate? I ask because there's some newer players on teams I like, and I'd love to try getting some of the newer guys, but some don't have a good track record with signing with what I could find. I've found that with some other sports, a change of teams can make a player more open to signing (and vice versa). Didn't know if this happened with baseball or it's just a player by player basis.

I appreciate any help you have to offer. Will try to remember to post some about my Spring Training returns should they come back. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

See below for my answers:

1.) I am also a Pirates fan and have only sent to the stadium (1611 9th Street West). That does not mean that one is better than the other.

2.) The Reds and Indians websites specifically call out using the Development Complex for mail, so I would recommend sending there.

3.) Some teams do seem to have much better success than others, so it makes sense that this could be a possibility. I have not noticed it, but I am by no means the end all be all.

And remember not to send to the Braves. They do not accept mail at spring training. They have a new complex this year, so if you are brave you could try maybe one player, but history says it will be RTS.

Cheers and good luck this spring!