Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Was asked to do a table at a flea market...Guys who do shows any advice?

Hey everyone,

I was recently asked by a friend who collects and sells Matchbox or Hot Wheel cars to get a table at a local flea market. the table is only $5 for the day, so that doesn't bother me, but advice would be great.

How did you display your cards?

Protect against theft?

What sold the best...Guys for your area? HOF? Superstars??? Base, Auto, GU?

So. I'm in NC. Should I drop $100 in Panthers Rookies/Memorabilia etc to have some varied stuff. I collect mainly Cowboys, so that's covered. LOL Current players?, Lots? Prices?

Please post in this thread with your thoughts. opinions, suggestions, pros-cons.

Thanks Rich

SCF Rewards
    Country

Local stuff and very well known players will sell

If you have a dealer case that can be locked I'd bring high end stuff otherwise just bring low end stuff that you wouldn't mind if it got stolen. People don't steal but if they do it is going to be on the more expensive stuff. This is also the place to sell stuff that is too large or heavy to ship. Sets, boxes, etc.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

I enjoy leafing through boxes that are 4 for $1, 2 for $2, etc. Great way to find stuff that might not show up on ebay, sportlots, comc, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Great ideas. Thanks anyone else?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Put your junk game used that you would love to move for a $1 with a huge sign clearly marked. People, love seeing a dollar marked on a large box and will gladly search thru a box. If you have enough low end rc’s, inserts, put them in a box, big thing is take notes of what people are looking for. If you like chatting ask them if they come to the show often. If they do you might be able to set up sales for these folks in the future.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Falcons Miami Dolphins New York Mets
    COMC Cards For Sale

If you're the only one selling cards, then most people might just walk right on by. If this flea market is on a regular basis, and there are others selling cards, then you will have the card customers. I did a local flea market and had one sale the entire day and that was 2 racing autographed cards. Just lucked out that guy showed up, probably looking around while his wife shopped.

As mentioned earlier, if this is not a usual card show crowd, bringing expensive cards are more risk than reward. Chances are you won't sell any, but they could get stolen or damaged by some little kid. 5/$1 boxes would be what I would bring, and spread out some dollar cards of Panthers and NASCAR. Maybe have a shoebox or two with other stuff under the table if somebody asks for a certain team or player. Get emails or phone numbers in case you do another one and you can let them know in advance that you'll be there with what they are looking for.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

Make some grab bags for the kids. Maybe 20 commons and an insert for $0.50-$1, try to put local guys on the outside on one side and the insert on the other. You'd be surprised how much interest they get.
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal