Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Derek Jeter and Larry Walker Elected To Hall Of Fame

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...l-of-fame.html

Derek Jeter and Larry Walker have been inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame, the Baseball Writers Association of America announced Tuesday evening. Jeter, predictably, has been enshrined in his first year of eligibility. However, the longtime Yankees shortstop was not unanimously elected, as he was omitted from one lone ballot. Walker, meanwhile, has at last reached the 75 percent vote threshold in his 10th and final season of eligibility on the BBWAA ballot. He appeared on 76.6 percent of this year’s ballots.

Among notable misses, Curt Schilling saw another increase, appearing on 70 percent of this year’s ballots — up from 60.9 percent in last year’s balloting. Roger Clemens (61 percent), Barry Bonds (60.7 percent) and Omar Vizquel (52.6 percent) were the only others to secure a vote on even half of this year’s ballots. That marks a bit more than a one percent increase for both Clemens and Bonds but represents a notable jump up from 42.8 percent for Vizquel.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country
    New York Yankees Washington Redskins
    Member is PayPal Verified

It is complete and utter garbage that Derek jeter did not get unanimous votes. He was a class act and always gave the game everything he had. A career 300 plus hitter the only Yankee with 3000 hits All time post season hits leader the longest tenured Yankee captain and a long list of awards and accolades. I'd love to know the talentless hack that held out his vote just to keep him from getting a spot next to the sandman.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikec5000's Items on eBay

Who ever didn't vote for Jeter should lose the privilege of voting for the HOF.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

Totally agree! I hate the Yankees, but Jeter should have been unanimous.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

I disagree with y'all about Jeter should have had a "perfect" vote, with all voters voting for him. Yes, he was good enough to be honored by being voted in on his first time on the ballot. However, there are many many many more who were voted into the HOF, with better statistics/careers, and did not get "perfect" votes to get into the HOF. Even Griffey,jr shouldn't have got a perfect "vote", but first time vote in was correct. Outside of that, no one else got a "perfect" vote in getting into the HOF. Ty Cobb,"Babe" Ruth,Walter Johnson,Cy Young,Rogers Hornsby,Ted Williams,Cal Ripken,jr,,Hank Aaron, etc,, and many many more had statistics that were unbelievable. And yet,NONE ever got a 100% vote in getting in the HOF. Even the BEST players in baseball history,minus Griffey,jr, NEVER got the 'perfect" vote to get them in. Also, even every player in MLB history have NEVER had a "perfect" career,even the BEST. So, why should Jeter,or anyone else get the "perfect" vote in regard of voting into the HOF. A vote-in with only one vote short of "perfect" is about the very best it should have been in the past,now,and in the future. Unless you find pitchers who can be "perfect" in "perfect" games with 27 pitches with 27 outs OR 27 strikeouts for only 27 batters with 81 pitches, or fielders who NEVER in their careers with thousands of times handling the ball with NEVER an error, OR batters who get on base every time they bat by hits,walks,or hit by pitch, never making an out with a ba of 1.000,on base % 1.000. Only by doing such,which is impossible, should "anyone" get the "perfect" HOF vote to get in the HOF.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not really as that would defeat the whole purpose of the voting system and would make us some commie like country

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I have followed Derek Jeter his whole career and I am happy he is in the Hall of Fame. Big deal after not being 100%! Yes he was a class act.

If you have any Jeter's cards out there let me know what they are and if I need it I will work it out with you!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    New York Yankees Washington Redskins
    Member is PayPal Verified

It just boils down to someone who is universally liked loved and respected that transcended baseball and sports in general. He was an example on and off the field and an inspiration to countless young stars and everyday kids and adults, being disliked by one person for the city he played in, and the accolades he recieved. Undeniably talent that is hall worthy combined with everything else. If Mo Rivera deserved it Jeter did too. Plain and simple

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Congrats to Jeter and Walker! Jeter was a shoe in. Walker was so underrated in his prime. Amazing hitter and gold glove caliber defender. In 1999, Walker hit .379 with 35 HR and 115 RBI and finished 10th in MVP voting. He was a NL lifer. Probably could have played years longer if would have went to AL and DH but that was not his style. Doubles the size of Canadian players in the MLB HOF from 1 to 2 now (Fergie Jenkins)

About Jeter missing one vote. This happens in all sports and fields. Voters minds are made up long in advance. Some are uneducated with the sport, some have an agenda, some won't vote that way because past stars weren't and they won't change, etc. Something like 4.5% of the Heisman voters this year didn't have Joe Burrow in any of the 3 spots on the voting ballot. There are some great athletes, sports writers, and media that know the sport. There are also a number who are complete idiots and a 10 year old kid probably has a better perspective on the sport or player.
    Last edited by markw2856; 01-23-2020 at 02:30 PM.