Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers FIU Panthers
    See haveuseenmypants's Items on eBay Instagram:

Do the Astros sign more or less this spring?

With Spring Training a few weeks away and the ST home of the Astros/Nats being in my backyard I've been wondering if the cheating scandal will means more signing from the Astros as they try to save face among fans? Or will they be salty and more difficult?

What do you guys think?

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMO, if there are auto seekers their giving them "crap" the players will be crusty and not sign, so the answer will be dependent on mood and surroundings.

Some other thoughts.
    I will be attending a game or two at the Beaches like to I have for since opening. I suspect yo know this as well. The better success rate to get an auto is at the parking lot. Inside the park is pretty confining. You really have to beg a player to come over and its usually not a regular. Plus if your at the game, those players are all out of the game, leave the field and exit the stadium before the 5th inning is over. In a lot of cases, the starters just hang in the building either getting some extra work done, medical or whatever... YOUR best bet to get Astros autos is to hit Roger Dean, just up the highway when they play the Cards or the Marlins. The parking lot is much or accessible and once they are replaced in the game, they pretty much leave the grounds and in their own cars since its a short drive back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't really go to many games. I'll generally hit up morning practices while my kids are in school. I'll spend one day at Fitteam graphing Houston and Washington then the next at Roger Dean for the Cards and Marlins. One I get a feel for which teams are signing generously that's where I'll focus my attention. I doubt people at the practices will be giving the 'Stros grief, as they are mostly Houston fans.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will be hitting up the Honda Classic for Autos on Tuesday practice session, always fun. BTW, are there any shows or card shows in the Jupiter\Palm Beaches area worth trekking too?

SCF Rewards
    Country

None that I have found. If you want to meet up while you're here and graph together lmk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I graphed the Nationals today because the Astros didn't open their gates until after 11 but word around the complex was that Altuve and Springer were signing EVERYTHING.
    I had a great day with the Nationals. Gotta pick up my kids now but I'll post my successes later.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds awesome... I heading down there on the 25th. I like to get some tips to locate. t is interesting but a good narrative is that the Astros are going to make themselves more accessible to try to win over the fans.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They put in metal detectors at the gates to the practice fields this year. They aren't allowing bags/backpacks. I had to make three trips to my car to restock. Hard to carry a dozen baseballs in shorts pockets with a phone/pens/keys/sunscreen/baseball cards. The Nationals side was much more lax. They supposedly had the same policy but were allowing duffel bags in. Not sure how a duffel differs from a backpack, but oh well. Clear bags are okay, as long as they aren't bigger than 16×16×8.
    They didn't seem very consistent on enforcing any of these rules, though. I guess it depends on how seriously the security person takes their job.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They put in metal detectors at the gates to the practice fields this year. They aren't allowing bags/backpacks. I had to make three trips to my car to restock. Hard to carry a dozen baseballs in shorts pockets with a phone/pens/keys/sunscreen/baseball cards. The Nationals side was much more lax. They supposedly had the same policy but were allowing duffel bags in. Not sure how a duffel differs from a backpack, but oh well. Clear bags are okay, as long as they aren't bigger than 16×16×8.
    They didn't seem very consistent on enforcing any of these rules, though. I guess it depends on how seriously the security person takes their job.

Question is if the players have to go through metal detectors before taking the field...you know, to pick up any electronic devices such as buzzers they may have on them. Haha!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I think most people will have there kids get more autographs from the Astros then they would. It is going to be a real interesting season for the Astros because they are villains!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast