Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Cost of grading cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cost of grading cards

I am new to this forum, but have been collecting for years. How much does it cost to get cards graded? I have a really nice 52 Pafko, 58 Mantle, and some really sharp Tiger Woods Masters of Golf cards. Is it important to have them graded? Thanks and if this is the wrong section, I apologize. There are so many categories, I really did not know where to post this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Price depends on the company you use. If you are going to sell them it would probably be wise to grade the vintage cards if they look in great condition because you will see a huge jump in value depending on the grade you receive for them. A difference between an 8 or 9 can be worth tens of thousands of dollars for some 1952 Topps and Mantle cards.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Which service carries most weight?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

@Metallicane Not sure about companies for vintage cards, but PSA and BGS seem to have the most value. Also, the cost varies, but can be much cheaper through Bulk submissions. There is a monthly PSA bulk submission on this site that is roughly $10/card plus shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Which service carries most weight?

For the 1952 Topps and Mickey Mantle it would be PSA

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the insight guys.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Most collectors prefer PSA for vintage, and bfs for modern

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most collectors prefer PSA for vintage, and bfs for modern

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Twitter: @break_market See schneida23's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

What do you think guys about the actual situation and the immensive backlogs psa & beckett are facing?

https://www.tripledouble.blog/trading-cards/is-the-traditional-card-grading-coming-to-an-end/

SCF Rewards
    Country

[FONT="]What do you think guys about the actual situation and the immensive backlogs psa & beckett are facing?[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

https://www.tripledouble.blog/trading-cards/is-the-traditional-card-grading-coming-to-an-end/

Rumor has it (and I could actually see that rumor being true) is that all the new people into the hobby the past couple of months plus the Zion hype has flooded the heck out of PSA and now BGS.

Why do I say that it could be true? Because there has been a steady influx of new collectors/investors/etc into the hobby since 2017. It started in baseball but has picked up a ton in basketball and even football and hockey are seeing a slight increase. PSA and BGS have flat out refused to higher more workers so now their work load is basically doubling. To fix the problem you either have to hire more workers or have another grading company emerge which is still just another way of saying the hobby needs more graders. To think that there hasn't really been a substantial increase in the amount of new graders in over a decade is absurd. The card market is clearly booming and PSA/BGS are just too cheap to hire more workers and they are either going to cause more people to get turned off by grading or lose tons of money in the process by missing out on new submissions.