Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: My Kobe RC collection

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

My Kobe RC collection

I've been collecting 96-97 Kobe RCs ever since his first year. My goal has been to get every card, every insert, and every parallel from every company from 96-97. I haven't been collecting these in a while. But I'm going to re-start.

I got motivated to scan them in by seeing other people's scans. I have other cards besides these that I'll post another day.

This first one means the most to me because I got this autographed in person.

Last edited by LakersMC; 01-30-2020 at 09:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bowman, Collector's Choice, Finest, Flair, Fleer

Last edited by LakersMC; 01-30-2020 at 09:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hoops, Metal, Scoreboard, Skybox

Last edited by LakersMC; 01-30-2020 at 09:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Skybox, Skybox EX, Skybox Z Force, UD, Topps

Last edited by LakersMC; 01-30-2020 at 09:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Topps Chrome, Ultra, Upper Deck, UD3, SPX (techincally 1997)

Last edited by LakersMC; 01-30-2020 at 09:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

Thanks for sharing. Looks like the only RC your missing is the Topps Chrome.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for sharing. Looks like the only RC your missing is the Topps Chrome.

Nice catch. Good eye. I actually do have the Topps Chrome. But it's in a PSA holder. So I'll scan it in later.

I'm missing a few other rare inserts, and some parallels - like refractors, and Flair Legacy (ser # to 150).

Thanks for looking!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love them all but that IP autograph one is something special that cannot be replaced. I collected basketball more in 1996 than anything else and while I didn't really pull Kobes that much it was a loaded class that had a lot to offer. Nash, Iverson, Ray Allen, Marbury, etc were all great pulls along with Kobe. Lots of great memories with those sets and players. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Love them all but that IP autograph one is something special that cannot be replaced. I collected basketball more in 1996 than anything else and while I didn't really pull Kobes that much it was a loaded class that had a lot to offer. Nash, Iverson, Ray Allen, Marbury, etc were all great pulls along with Kobe. Lots of great memories with those sets and players. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

1996-97 and 1997-98 were the best seasons to collect; lots of great, creative product, great rookie classes (especially 1996 with Kobe, Iverson, etc.), and not the overproduction that dominated the early '90s junk wax era. Also a great time to watch NBA basketball, and not just because of Jordan's Bulls (I was a Rex Chapman fan and remember his buzzer beater in the playoffs and the nine threes, for example). I have very fond memories of those times. The only other time I can compare is 2015-16 when OKC still had Durant and when the Cavs upset the Warriors, when Prizm was still affordable, and when Kobe played his final amazing game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has great memories from 96!

You are so right about that class of 96! Thanks for the reminder! In fact, I have most of these Kobe RCs because I traded away all my Nash, Iverson, Starbury RCs for them. Yes, great memories!

1996-97 and 1997-98 were the best seasons to collect; lots of great, creative product, great rookie classes (especially 1996 with Kobe, Iverson, etc.), and not the overproduction that dominated the early '90s junk wax era. Also a great time to watch NBA basketball, and not just because of Jordan's Bulls (I was a Rex Chapman fan and remember his buzzer beater in the playoffs and the nine threes, for example). I have very fond memories of those times. The only other time I can compare is 2015-16 when OKC still had Durant and when the Cavs upset the Warriors, when Prizm was still affordable, and when Kobe played his final amazing game.

Good point about creative product. I think 96 Flair Showcase started the serial numbering (Legacy parallel is numbered to 150). Skybox EX has a clear acetate window (the blue sky in the Kobe RC above). Two of my fave sets of all time.