Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Are Restrictive Autograph Policies Ruining The MLB Team Fan Fest Experience?

With spring training right around the corner, Major League Baseball teams are rallying their supporters by holding fan fests as the season approaches. These events include interactive experiences which include clinics, Q&A sessions, batting practice, photo stations and autograph signings.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickdiu.../#4be89a232b47

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Milwaukee Brewers

That sucks for Mets fans, and fans of other teams that do that. Fortunately for the Brewers fans, most of the Brewers sign whatever you bring.
    Collecting Topps Brewers. I PC Jonathan Lucroy, Paul Molitor, Christian Yelich, Robin Yount, and Ken Griffey Jr.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well hopefully It does not happen to all teams in the future as that will stink for folks getting original items signed. Oh well if the teams are looking for dollars it will come to all of them sooner or later.

Nice lot of autographs there.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Well hopefully It does not happen to all teams in the future as that will stink for folks getting original items signed. Oh well if the teams are looking for dollars it will come to all of them sooner or later.

Nice lot of autographs there.

DON

Baltimore has cancelled their fanfest which kinda rots considering we went and supported the team many times in 2019 when there was nothing to root for and was looking forward to fanfest

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers FIU Panthers
    See haveuseenmypants's Items on eBay Instagram:

I'm going to Marlins Fanfest Saturday. Hopefully they don't have something like this. I've already got cards and event balls picked out and labeled for whose signature I need on them. Their emails about Fanfest have been very vague about autographs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm going to Marlins Fanfest Saturday. Hopefully they don't have something like this. I've already got cards and event balls picked out and labeled for whose signature I need on them. Their emails about Fanfest have been very vague about autographs.

Let us know how it goes!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers FIU Panthers
    See haveuseenmypants's Items on eBay Instagram:

Well it was a quality over quantity kind of day. They did have very restricted access for autographs. Players were scheduled for assigned "interactive" experiences like selfie stations, playing Jenga or Connect Four with players, color with players, etc...
    Players had been instructed not to sign during these interactions. When they were walking to and from the interactions they were led by handlers who would say "They can't sign right now. They're on a tight schedule and have to get to their next interaction." Some players would ignore the handlers and sign as long as you walked with them and didn't expect them to stop.
    There were private autograph sessions for season ticket holders, who could bring two guests. There were no lists of who was signing during these sessions so you got stuck with whoever was in your time slot. Me and my friend actually got into 2 sessions and got lucky with who was signing. The first session had Sandy Alcantara, Corey Dickerson, Pablo Lopez and some other guy. The second one had Jorge Alfaro and Matt Kemp then two other guys. So I got Alcantara on a 19 All Star ball and an 18 A&G, Dickerson on a Gold Glove ball and a 19 Gypsy Queen, Alfaro on a 19 Stadium Club, Kemp on an 18 World Series ball, Lopez on an ROMLB. I also got Ryne Stanek on a 19 Heritage and Caleb Smith on an 18 Heritage.
    Their Fanfest sucked for graphing and a lot of people were pissed, bit I can't complain with who and what I got, although I was hoping to get more prospects.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think so. They’re too worried about fan turning a profit by selling stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country

the marlins (and my rays for that matter) should worry more about putting butts in the seats.