Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: NBA deadline moves

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

NBA deadline moves

I haven't looked too much into the details, but what are people's first thoughts? Mine are:

D Russell to Wolves, Wiggins to Warriors
    Two very explosive scorers, questions about the reliability in both cases. It feels to me almost like a fantasy sports trade, frustrated with one player and hoping to get a new player that has upside. When Curry and Klay come back healthy, Wiggins may be able to fit into the mix, I would rather have him in that situation than Russell. On the other side I think that the wolves are admitting they are going nowhere with the Wiggins KAT combo, and hoping they swing and hit a hr with Russell's talent upside.

Iguodola to Heat
    I personally am not crazy about this idea of players being able to get paid and refuse to play, hard to respect while the majority of us go to work daily and are accountable in order to support our families. Can't say I think he makes a huge difference, and can't honestly say I am hoping they make a run with him.

Morris to the Clippers
    Great move by the Clippers. A guy scoring 20 for a Knicks team that's a mess, plays his hardest every night. This puts the clippers right back alongside the Bucks and Warriors as favorites to win it all this year.

Those are my initial thoughts. What do you all think?
    Last edited by cardbuyer66; 02-06-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Typo

SCF Rewards
    Country

Drummond to the Cavs
    Not sure the details yet, but my first thought is great move by Cleveland. I need to see what they had to give up to get Drummond. A 15-15 machine on a bad team, without complaining or getting negative attention to his team. I love this love for Cleveland.

Isaiah Thomas to Clippers
    Saw this part of the trade, and was wondering if it was as a backup in case Lou got hurt. Didn't like the move, and now I see the plan is to waive him. I respect everything that Thomas ocercame in Boston, but I am not sure there is a spot for him in the league eight now, definitely not on a championship-caliber team

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

KAT is good friends with D'Angelo. Minnesota had to do something to appease KAT, and getting rid of overpaid, chronically underachieving Wiggins was a bonus.

The Drummond trade surprised me. I knew Detroit was trying to move Drummond, and I knew the Cavs were trying to do something with Love and TT, but I didn't see this one coming. Well, Love and TT couldn't get moved, and so the Cavs now have a logjam of three old school bigs. This was basically a desperation dump by Detroit, and since Cleveland isn't going anywhere, I guess they figured getting Drummond for about 1/3 of a season for a bag of potato chips couldn't hurt. They'll lead the league in rebounding, but still won't go anywhere. Next season's Cavs team will undoubtedly not have all three together; we'll see what happens later on there.
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; 02-06-2020 at 07:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

KAT is good friends with D'Angelo. Minnesota had to do something to appease KAT, and getting rid of overpaid, chronically underachieving Wiggins was a bonus.

The Drummond trade surprised me. I knew Detroit was trying to move Drummond, and I knew the Cavs were trying to do something with Love and TT, but I didn't see this one coming. Well, Love and TT couldn't get moved, and so the Cavs now have a logjam of three old school bigs. This was basically a desperation dump by Detroit, and since Cleveland isn't going anywhere, I guess they figured getting Drummond for about 1/3 of a season for a bag of potato chips couldn't hurt. They'll lead the league in rebounding, but still won't go anywhere. Next season's Cavs team will undoubtedly not have all three together; we'll see what happens later on there.

I agree. I heard that Russell and KAT were friends, so it does make sense. Kendrick Perkins called out Towns for not playing defense and just putting up meaningless stats.... Russell is more likely to also put up meaningless stats at not play defense either in my opinion.

Drummond could be the big guy on a contender. The Cavs need 1 really good pick or have a move in the future. Drummond and Love both are better then their currently viewed in my opinion. I don't know if Sexton is the right guy to run the show, a veteran pg and put Sexton as a sg might work better

SCF Rewards
    Country

Am I the only one that is a little perplexed why the Warriors did that deal? I mean I get it from the Wolves standpoint but I don't really see why the Warriors did it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Am I the only one that is a little perplexed why the Warriors did that deal? I mean I get it from the Wolves standpoint but I don't really see why the Warriors did it.

I assume the warriors think that around championship caliber players, Wiggins will take the game more serious, and play both ends of the court. I think KAT is getting the reputation as lazy around the league.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Here's Kerr's explanation:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...angelo-russell