Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers FIU Panthers
    See haveuseenmypants's Items on eBay Instagram:

JustStartingOut's Spring Training IP success thread

Day one of Nationals camp was successful. Was able to get Dave Martinez on a 19 World Series ball, as well as Patrick Corbin, Kurt Suzuki, Wander Suero, Anibal Sanchez, and Daniel Hudson on 19 Spring Training balls. I know they're last year's balls but I got them at a great price in cases.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just realized I put this in the wrong forum. Apologies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Milwaukee Brewers

Good job, they look great
    Collecting Topps Brewers. I PC Jonathan Lucroy, Paul Molitor, Christian Yelich, Robin Yount, and Ken Griffey Jr.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Day two got 17 World Series MVP George Springer, Nats GM Mike Rizzo, Erick Fedde, Raudy Read, Kurt Suzuki and Austin Voth.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another good day. After 3 unsuccessful years I FINALLY got Will Harris on a 2016 All-Star ball. Got Sean Doolittle on a 19 ST ball as well as a 19 Topps Fire, Patrick Corbin on 19 and 20 Topps, Kurt Suzuki on a Gold 2020 Topps, and Wander Suero on his 2018 Topps RC.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today landed Suzuki and Suero again, as well as Eric Thames, Houston prospect Christian Javier, and Trea Turner on a 19 World Series ball.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today landed Suzuki and Suero again, as well as Eric Thames, Houston prospect Christian Javier, and Trea Turner on a 19 World Series ball.

SCF Rewards
    Country

After taking yesterday off to recover a bit, today I decided I wasn't going to go back and forth between Nats and Astros camp and instead just parked myself along the fence between the field where the Astros run practice drills and the cages. Players make that trip 3-4 times a day as they go thru their rotations. That move paid off, I guess. Finally got more than 1 Astro to sign for me. Got NRI guy Dean Deetz on a 19 Topps Chrome RC, Martin Maldonado on a 19 Topps, Myles Straw on a 19 Stadium Club red parallel RC, Josh Reddick and Lance McCullers both signed 18 Allen & Ginter cards. Finally, Hall of Fame Astro Craig Biggio scribbled something resembling an autograph on a Hall of Fame ball. Finally a successful day at Astros camp.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty good day at the park today. Crowds have subsided a bit now that games have started so some players weren't so reluctant to stop and sign. Got Chris "Devo" Devenski on a 19 Topps, Josh James on a beautiful 19 Allen and Ginter, Christian Javier on a 19 Bowman Mojo Refractor, Cionel Perez on a 19 Topps, Forest Whitley on a 19 Bowman (I've NEVER seen Whitley sign. Never even seen him acknowledge fans. He just puts his head down and sprints by the crowds, which is why I carry only basic cards for him. Had I known he actually does sign I would've had better cards on me). Then I got Lance McCullers on a 19 ST ball and Dusty Baker on a 20 ST ball.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A day of mostly double and triple dips, with the exception of one very big get. On the Astros side, Christian Javier signed for me for the third time on a 19 Bowman paper. Lance McCullers, also a three-timer, on a 19 Heritage, Cionel Perez, two-timer, also on a 19 Heritage. Also got Forest Whitley, to whom I owe an apology for thinking he was an unfriendly non-signer, got me for the second day in a row, this time on a 17 Futures Game ball. He couldn't have been nicer while signing, too. On the nearly empty Nationals side I got Erick Fedde on a 20 Topps for a 50/50, Anibal Sanchez on an 18 Heritage, and the big score of the day, Juan Soto on a 20 Topps Series One. Thrilled to have gotten him, but I've learned to ALWAYS have a ball ready to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast