Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Help ID a fake or real vintage 1933 Red Grange card

Apologies are probably needed for
    1. if this isn’t allowed
    2. my lack of information and photos and the work you will have to do to help me
    thanks for sharing your opinion and helping. Feel free to go out bid me if inclined to do so. (Little nervous I was too quick to bid on an obvious fake and won’t be out bid).

I am looking at a 1933 Sport Kings Red Grange card on eBay that has a current bid of $99. Card is very ruff and all and even if it grades as a PSA 1 wouldn’t be worth much more than current bid but I don’t collect to make money. Besides all that, my biggest concern is it looks like it could be a fake. If you search eBay it will be easy to find searching “1933 Grange” Again my apologies for not posting pictures my Photobucket isn’t paid up to current. Never mind guess Photobucket isn’t needed to post photos.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have requested the seller to cancel my bid and when he asked why, I explained why I think his card is a reprint. I think because of the darkness of the facial features lack of being able to see pupils and all the uniform dots from a modern day printer that I can’t see on PSA graded cards. Did I make a mistake? This card the real deal?

SCF Rewards
    Country

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223903991302

This should be a link to the eBay auction if anyone wants a closer look and to report it if you think it warrants that action.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I’m still interested to know some thoughts from those experienced with this set of cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My personal feelings are if you aren't 100% sure it is better to walk away and miss out on a deal than to get ripped off buying something not authentic. For this Red Grange I'm not an expert and don't like telling from a card being held up and a picture taken of it (I'd prefer a scan) but this to me seems a little off on the coloring/printing of the card. It looks more authentic than most stuff posted here but without a scan I can't really tell for sure as I don't know about this one.

Try posting the question here in the vintage section since that's where the vintage experts hang out versus the football board:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...Buy-Sell-Trade
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Wizards NULL NULL

If you’re not 100% sure would you really enjoy owning it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

My bid was retracted and no one else ever bid and he has yet to relist it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Little update. I did as much research as I could searching scans of other cards and comparing this card to other graded Red Grange cards. Contacted the guy and asked if he would accept $50 and he countered with $80. Was originally listed with a starting bid of $99. I accepted his $80 offer.

I have also bought four other cards from this set including a PSA 2 EJ Blood a Skier and non graded cards of J. Hubert Stevens, Vincent Richards and Anton Lekang. These three cards are of nobodies and in bad shape and I believe have no reason to be fakes and where $12 for all three.

Now that all five cards are in hand I have compared them under a jewelers loup and in lights. I am fairly confident my Red Grange is a fake. Main reasons and not sure how good it will look in the photos I will post.

1. The Red Grange card for as bad a shape as it is in has a lot of gloss on it that can be seen under the light. The other cards have no reflectivity to them at all.

2. The logo with the G.G.CO C 1933 is pixelated and blurry on both the front and back of the card. On the others it is very clear crisp and smooth.

3. My Red Grange card is on noticeably thinner card stock. I did not take a picture of this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry only letting me post one pic per post. Let me try again. Graded card on left. Non graded in middle and Red Grange on the right
    Last edited by FireRob; 03-24-2020 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Explication of photo

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is the logo on the back of the Red Grange

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast