Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just another stupid ebay user to block

I dont block many people on ebay, but this guy is delusional.
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

EBAY USER - 2005elit

I sent out a bunch of offers on a few cards today, the card was $25, I sent out an offer to the people watching for $16.

A few hours later, the card was BIN'd for $25, so I sent an invoice.

I got an email from the buyer and he told me he invoice me the proper total? Ebay emailed me saying my item sold for $25, so I invoiced accordingly.

It immediately turn to "your a terrible seller, im reporting you to ebay .... blah blah blah"

So its my fault, that he got my email for an offer for $16 ..... and instead of accepting it, he decided to go to my auction and press the BIN.

When I try and figure out whats going on, ..... he decides the proper course of action is to threaten to report me to ebay, instead of learning from his mistake.

He told me hes going to post here, I called him clueless, delusional and a fool. No time for these idiots.

Thanks for the read, save yourself the time and headache and block this guy
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

So he meant to accept the $16 offer but screwed up? Did he respond at all to working something out, or just automatically jump to reporting you?

SCF Rewards
    Country

So he meant to accept the $16 offer but screwed up? Did he respond at all to working something out, or just automatically jump to reporting you?

Yes, he had to through them email offer, but instead we went to the auction and hit the BIN.

I sent him a message just saying invoice was sent, and thanked him for his purchase.

He replied saying, "can you invoice me for $16 like you offered"

I told him I was confused, because the BIN was hit and eBay had notified me that the card has sold for $25. I also told him that I was unable to send him a lower invoice after the BIN was hit, eBay would not allow it.

Then he responded "

I'm going to report you to eBay and Im not going to pay for this. You offered this to me at 16 US then dont allow it at checkout or even provide me a way to accept it. You are an awful seller. I'm done with you."

I feel that was a pretty quick escalation on his part

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why not just send him an invoice for 16$ now that you know what's going on?
    Always looking for The CUP rcs. 3 colors+ when possible.

Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See football-4ever's Items on eBay

Just wondering .... so that I can learn from this as both a seller and a purchaser . Could you have lowered the price to $16 for all ebay users, instead of just contacting those that were "watching the auction" ? Wouldn't that have provided the proper selling amount and created an invoice reflecting this sale . Don't like to see the threats and friction caused but what was obviously unintentional communication mistake , that it seems Ebay should be able to correct on its own

LINC to my Flickr traders :
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems like both parties were somewhat to blame here
    My COMC Port: Hidden Content My prices are so low, you'll think I have brain damage!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why not just send him an invoice for 16$ now that you know what's going on?

You are unable to send an invoice for a lower amount than a card was BIN'd for, the only thing I can do is change the shipping cost.

I also don't want to accept this person's money anymore. I don't trust them enough as a buyer to be truthful about the card arriving, and I don't trust eBay enough to protect me.

UPDATE - I woke up to the auction paid for. After he goes off about going to report me, telling me he's not going to pay and that he's done with me. Like I said above, I don't trust him in 2 weeks to tell the truth about the packages arrival. He has list his buying privileges from me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems like both parties were somewhat to blame here

Just wondering, how do you think I am somewhat to blame?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just wondering .... so that I can learn from this as both a seller and a purchaser . Could you have lowered the price to $16 for all ebay users, instead of just contacting those that were "watching the auction" ? Wouldn't that have provided the proper selling amount and created an invoice reflecting this sale . Don't like to see the threats and friction caused but what was obviously unintentional communication mistake , that it seems Ebay should be able to correct on its own

I made offers to all people watching a variety of auctions of mine yesterday. It's kind of just a method to get the ball rolling on a sale, and show potential buyers you are willing to negotiate a sale.

Technically, yes you can just lower the price of any listing as long as you don't have activity or offers on that listing. There are many things you are not allowed to change when a card has offers on it. It protects the buyers.

Once the buyer clicked the BIN, it's impossible for me to change a selling price. It's basically been locked in at that price from eBay, and they charge me a final sale fee (even if there is no payment), which is why you have to file a non paying bidder claim through eBay to get your fees returned.

I was all for working with the buyer. eBay doesn't allow you to see your watchers, or who youre making offers to. I refuse to accept payment from someone that volitile

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just wondering, how do you think I am somewhat to blame?

Everyone makes mistakes, I don't think the guy deserves to be crucified for it. Upon realizing he had simply hit the wrong BIN, if you had tried to adjust the invoice (by adjusting shipping or some such) or just re-listed and told him to offer $16 and you'd accept, we wouldn't be discussing this at all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast