Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (61)
    Country
    Navy
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Authentic 1901-1904 Princeton University Football and.Baseball player photos.

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have been on and I have to admit I miss the hobby big time.

I recently purchased some old photos on album pages that belonged to a Princeton University alumni. The photos are from 1901-1904 approx. I have been looking for information on the football and baseball teams from that era because there are many photos of the players and.on field practices and such. What I do know is that I have a photo of John DeWitt who is in the college football HOF and was the Captain of the 1903 Championship team. I also have a photo of Turk Davis who was Captain of the team previous to 1903. Him and DeWitt were both all American ball players. I also have a photo of Jim Robinson who is literally the first titled athletic trainer in sports. I am looking for anyone that may have knowledge of early ivy league collectibles and perhaps they can look at the other photos I have to shed some light on who some of these players are. I would also like to know where I could get an accurate appraisal for something of this nature. I thanlk anyone in advance for any help

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

@biggmack2001

Those are truly awesome, relics from a bygone era of history! You may contact the Princeton athletic department, they may have an archivist who can point you in the right direction? Those are great photos, thanks for sharing!!

God bless,

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (61)
    Country
    Navy
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Thanks Kevin
    I have approx 100 photos total and I believe many players from the football and baseball teams. I believe they have a department that does help gather info for an hourly charge. I also have a picture of a vendor from the university who was an escaped slave in 1839 who went to trial endonh with his freedom being purchased. He ended up being a vendor on campus for 60+ years. Also have some photos from a trip to the far east and Hawaii All c. 1900ish

@biggmack2001

Those are truly awesome, relics from a bygone era of history! You may contact the Princeton athletic department, they may have an archivist who can point you in the right direction? Those are great photos, thanks for sharing!!

God bless,

Kevin

Last edited by biggmack2001; 04-18-2020 at 09:34 PM.